• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE END IS NEAR!

That is surprising but again, you're near chicago where masks and ev's are the norm. When fuel prices come back down, this fervor will die down. I personally don't know anyone who owns an ev, or even a hybrid for that matter. I guess the future will tell all.
Actually as far south as I am the maskers are few and far between. Aside from a work once in a while I haven’t been in the city proper in 4 years.

Actually as far south as I am the maskers are few and far between. Aside from a work once in a while I haven’t been in the city proper in 4 years.
Do yourself a favor..... besides the food and architecture, touristy stuff, not a lot of pros to offset all the cons. Jmho. Great place to visit once every few years.

I had my Passat TDI serviced at the VW dealer recently. They have a very comfortable waiting area with coffee and treats. Nice place. They had the new VW ID.4 on the showroom, in Blue. Really an attractive transportation module, to be honest. I started asking the sales drone questions about it, because I was genuinely curious about it and wanted to learn more. After discovering the recharge options were not at all as "robust" (they use a Bosch system) as what is available for the Tesla, among other things, I decided that twenty minutes of discussion with the drone was plenty. The VW, along with the current offerings from the other automakers selling EVs, has not at all sold me on the utility of them. They are designed to e a local car, for commuting and shopping. If I'm going to drop $52K on ANY vehicle, I'd better be able to drive that SOB anywhere I wish. The lack of universal recharging ports is a HUGE barrier to these. Volkswagen uses one style, Tesla another, and a third style is out there. There are adapters to allow a person to recharge at a charge point that is not directly designed for their vehicle, but charge rates and time to "full" differ a great deal, apparently. I don't know that 100% to be the EV gospel. Can you imagine if gas-powered vehicles had to choose between three filling systems, with two being essentially incompatible with the owner's vehicle?

At work, there are at least a dozen Teslas in the lot, plus two of the Rivian pickups and an electric F-150. I don't get it. A person should be able to drive whatever the hell makes them happy, fulfills their transportation needs and wants, and provides a reasonable means of getting from Point A to Point B. I refuse to be compelled to "invest" in any electric car. The towing trials of the F150 and Rivian show they require stops every 90-110 miles or so to recharge, when towing a small travel trailer (6,100#); as opposed to a 225-250 recharge requirement when empty. Where are you going to "get away!" to when you have a leash like that on your mobility? Nevermind, the extreme ecological damage that EVs and mining their materials cost!

I'll be sticking with gas or Diesel, thanks.

Last edited:
Do yourself a favor..... besides the food and architecture, touristy stuff, not a lot of pros to offset all the cons. Jmho. Great place to visit once every few years.
Already bought a place in East Tennessee slowly moving my stuff down there

I had my Passat TDI serviced at the VW dealer recently. They have a very comfortable waiting area with coffee and treats. Nice place. They had the new VW ID.4 on the showroom, in Blue. Really an attractive transportation module, to be honest. I started asking the sales drone questions about it, because I was genuinely curious about it and wanted to learn more. After discovering the recharge options were not at all as "robust" (they use a Bosch system) as what is available for the Tesla, among other things, I decided that twenty minutes of discussion with the drone was plenty. The VW, along with the current offerings from the other automakers selling EVs, has not at all sold me on the utility of them. They are designed to e a local car, for commuting and shopping. If I'm going to drop $52K on ANY vehicle, I'd better be able to drive that SOB anywhere I wish. The lack of universal recharging ports is a HUGE barrier to these. Volkswagen uses one style, Tesla another, and a third style is out there. There are adapters to allow a person to recharge at a charge point that is not directly designed for their vehicle, but charge rates and time to "full" differ a great deal, apparently. I don't know that 100% to be the EV gospel. Can you imagine if gas-powered vehicles had to choose between three filling systems, with two being essentially incompatible with the owner's vehicle?

At work, there are at least a dozen Teslas in the lot, plus two of the Rivian pickups and an electric F-150. I don't get it. A person should be able to drive whatever the hell makes them happy, fulfills their transportation needs and wants, and provides a reasonable means of getting from Point A to Point B. I refuse to be compelled to "invest" in any electric car. The towing trials of the F150 and Rivian show they require stops every 90-110 miles or so to recharge, when towing a small travel trailer (6,100#); as opposed to a 225-250 recharge requirement when empty. Where are you going to "get away!" to when you have a leash like that on your mobility? Nevermind, the extreme ecological damage that EVs and mining their materials cost!

I'll be sticking with gas or Diesel, thanks.
You mean 3 different fuel nozzles that aren’t compatible like Diesel, E85, and three or four or five grades of gasoline? Then add in DEF and places like BucEes that also offer alchohol free gas for us guys with old cars that don’t de well with E-10 or E-15 fuels.

You mean 3 different fuel nozzles that aren’t compatible like Diesel, E85, and three or four or five grades of gasoline? Then add in DEF and places like BucEes that also offer alchohol free gas for us guys with old cars that don’t de well with E-10 or E-15 fuels.

Not at all the same thing. Electricity is electricity. In your home, you have ONE 110VAC outlet and three 220VAC outlet styles. The nozzle for real gas, E85 and E10 are the same size. And we know not to run Diesel in a gas car, and vice versa, so that nozzle size difference is irrelevant here, too.

Why are there three different charging portals? There is only one electricity "version" available.

EV homers are just that.. dont waste your breath. Theyre convinced by the ‘Science’.… the political type.

:fool:

Last edited:
The BMW monthly payment is on all their new cars not just EVs. As for them shutting your car down remotely, they can do that it with ICE vehicles as well. My TRX sends me Emails telling me it’s low on fuel or the tire is low. It’s a Brave New World...
So, how do the police shut down an ICE vehicle? Don't say stop sticks.

It takes a special person to want to own a battery car. It takes someone who only commutes and never wants to drive without considering how far they are going.
It might also take a person who has multiple types of vehicle. I've had three different vehicles insured at the same time this year, my wife's makes it four.
A battery car doesn't have to be the only car someone owns.

So, I heard on the news today, that Australia will not be giving loans for any ICE vehicles. Talk about having your face shoved in it.
Also, I heard that BMW charges $18 a month for turning on the heated seats on their EVs.
I see the police hitting a switch to shut your car down in the event of a car chase, or just to pull you over.
The finance company shuts your car down for late payments.
The government doesn't like what you are doing, or who you voted for. So they shut it down.
I think they will attach your car electricity to your home. Which way will the monthly electricity bill go?
The cars of the past were sold as an alternative to a larger car. Now, as with Stellantis, no choice.
Sorry to inform you, you are living in the past and not the future.

Not at all the same thing. Electricity is electricity. In your home, you have ONE 110VAC outlet and three 220VAC outlet styles. The nozzle for real gas, E85 and E10 are the same size. And we know not to run Diesel in a gas car, and vice versa, so that nozzle size difference is irrelevant here, too.

Why are there three different charging portals? There is only one electricity "version" available.
And people still put diesel in gas vehicles and vice versa. Same with E85 in non comparable cars

So, how do the police shut down an ICE vehicle? Don't say stop sticks.

They can stop nearly any vehicle equipped with OnStar (or its equivalents) remotely, even if the car is not on an active subscription. And if your car has GPS, they can track that all day long, as well.

And people still put diesel in gas vehicles and vice versa. Same with E85 in non comparable cars

Agree to a point. You can't put Diesel fuel in a car that is 1975 or newer due to the smaller gas inlet that has a door-block at the inlet. It'll splash everywhere! Ain't happnin'!

Agree to a point. You can't put Diesel fuel in a car that is 1975 or newer due to the smaller gas inlet that has a door-block at the inlet. It'll splash everywhere! Ain't happnin'!
Diesel pump at the car and truck pumps use a smaller nozzle than at the big truck pumps. I will have to try it some time when at the pump.

Auto Transport Service
Back