• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The engine is out!

RCAddict

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
Over the last week or so I've been disassembling things under the hood & have pulled the short block. It's getting new gaskets & seals,Magnum heads,Crosswinds intake,Purple Stripe camshaft,headers/exhaust,Bouchillion kickdown kit & throttle cable bracket, Mopar Magnum wrinkle finish v/c This should add a little power to the 59K original 360. Here's the before pic!!

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 375
Wow does this bring back nightmares, oops memories! This is almost exactly what my Cordobas engine compartment looked like.

Here's what I've got to work with under the hood!

Attachments

• SAM_3626.JPG
    SAM_3626.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 341
The hoses and wires completely intimidate me! Good thing my son doesn't really want/need to pull apart his low mile 360 Lean Burn!! One day he might go for a cam and carb change.
David

There will be a deletion of a bunch of stuff that you see now.I have the wiring diagram for this car so some circuits will be reused for other things others completely deleted.

just wait until it looks like this! there is so much unnecessary crap in there lol

Attachments

• a31.jpg
    a31.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 327
I'll be leaving the fenders & inners but, it'will be stripped like yours though for paint. I can't wait

I think you might find that taking out the inner fenderwells will give you a whole lot more access to everything, you dont have to take off the fenders to get to them. just a thought.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today. I was thinking about having them glass beaded & the whole bottom of the car also. I know that I have to be done before the Power Tour.

Converting to HEI will let you excise about 7 lbs of unnecessary wiring and its associated ignition KRRRRRRRRrrrap.
Has anybody replaced the splash aprons? Just wondering if they're available. Mine are in pretty good shape for now, but have that look like they might self-destruct as soon as I try to remove em.

i re wrapped my engine harness and deleted the cruise control and the A/C and every vacuum line besides the vaccum advance on the distributor and it really cleaned mine up. i am going to weld up all my holes on the inner fenderwells and have them powdercoated black. i havent looked into any splash shields as mine are ok and i havent ran across any for sale or repopped. the A/C in of itself ,is an octopus of hoses and wiring and i just could not find it in myself to put back on just because it is an ugly mess, but i live in Colorado, so AC is really not needed lol

Super77 if you take a look at my picture set you'll see what I did with my splash aprons....and they work really really well....your engine compartment is just like mine..so count on relieving about 20% of the crap under there..and the rest can be hidden....

Here's the engine cleaned up & the heads set on it

Attachments

• SAM_3671.JPG
    SAM_3671.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 278
  • SAM_3674.JPG
    SAM_3674.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 251
P4452759AB 260/268 430/450 Nothing big I still want A/C & stuff. A thick ring factory high stall converter is going in it to help it get moving a little

Is it new or used/what was in there to start with?

If a replacement is in the budget, I would go with the replacement 340 cam, not the OE 340 cam. It'll work with everything in there now, as well as the A/C.

It's new in the box along as well are the lifters,pushrods,Tru-Roller timing kit,etc the only things used will be the carb & headers. Swap meet purchases. It's getting all new hoses belts, aluminum rad, Lincoln electric fan. The car sat still for for 20+ years.

Auto Transport Service
Back