• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The first "Hawk-Rod" resurrection, Roadkill style

Hawk, I think you are going the wrong way with the shims. You moved the back of the trans down, then you moved the nose if the pinion down, making the relative angles the same. Try leaving the trans the same and go the other way with the pinion. Worth a shot?
Well, I 100% agree that I am going the wrong way - I seem to be too thick to solve this one!

I agree that could be a possibility. However, I am going to try and do some careful driveline angle measurements so I am not guessing my way forward. If that is not definitive, then I can certainly turn the shims around and see what happens.

That is a great video posted on your other thread. Have you checked the u joint phasing?

That is a great video posted on your other thread. Have you checked the u joint phasing?
I have visually checked them and they look to be offset by 90 degrees as needed. But, this is another thing I should check more carefully. Thanks for the idea - gives me another thing to verify.

I got my vibration issue (mostly) resolved thanks to many members who contributed to possible solutions. If you are interested in that, go here:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...nd-need-help-with-driveline-vibration.244451/

Today I finalized some things with the car, checked fluids, and we are now going to be off on our trip. The car is still filthy inside and out, so I hope to have some time to at least do a quickie cleaning before we go. But then again, this is RoadKill, so maybe it won't matter so much!!!
20220502_091252.jpg

I then swapped cars and stuck the 70 up on the lift for its two month hibernation.
20220502_112748.jpg

Now I seriously need to pack stuff!!!

Most updates now, including mechanical maladies, etc., will be on my cross country trip thread. See here in case you want to follow along.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/hawkrod-roadkill-cross-country-trip-2022.242477/

How long does it take to pack 4 pairs underwear in glovebox @HawkRod ??? OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, forgot packing wife's stuff, ssooo, leaving next week then? Hope you got the stiffest springs & air shocks!!
KIDDING HAWK & THE MRS !!!!
SAFE JOURNEY AND ENJOY!!
Son & d-i-l & 3 grandkids just came in from KS. I-70.

How long does it take to pack 4 pairs underwear in glovebox @HawkRod ??? OOOOOOOHHHHHHH, forgot packing wife's stuff, ssooo, leaving next week then? Hope you got the stiffest springs & air shocks!!
KIDDING HAWK & THE MRS !!!!
SAFE JOURNEY AND ENJOY!!
Son & d-i-l & 3 grandkids just came in from KS. I-70.
It 'aint the underwear that takes time, but packing tools, which spare parts to take, camping stuff, etc. All this crap adds up!!!

Actually, too, the wife is a very streamlined packer, so she will be fine when she joins us in California - no worries there!

Auto Transport Service
Back