• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is no ugly

Paul_G

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
The good, the bad, and the ugly? Not these two. Both are pretty nice. I am having difficulty picking the one I would want as a home for my Hemi engine. Take a look. I want a car that could have been ordered with a Hemi. Not making a Hemi clone, I dont like that. The donor car will be whatever it is, just with a Tunnel Rammed Hemi. My plan for the donor car is to remove the entire drive train. Beef it up underneath but keep the body stock.

This is a 68 Satellite, Rust free Cali car. Freshly repainted. 318 car. I would think Hemis could be ordered in 69 Sats, no?

1708304091631.png
1708304407948.png
1708304432373.png
1708304451743.png
1708304493786.png

This one is a 71 Challenger. I have never had an E body. Again freshly painted, 318 car. Rust free from Cali.

1708304627365.png
1708304647901.png
1708304665177.png
1708304705095.png
1708304684274.png

1708304493786.png

Sorry to butt in here .......From the OP's first post above ....
Was the two tone seat treatment shown factory available in any 68/69 Dodge or Plymouth B body? I've seen one or two posts fairly recently of other interiors with the same pattern. The last one I saw was light and dark blue. That may have been a Satellite as well. Until now I haven't seen it any car other than mine.
 My 69 RT seats have the same green outer panels but with a more "coffee" colored inner panel. I have been curious if they are original or may have been changed when it got repainted in the late 70's. (I don't have pics on this device but will post when in front of my office computer.)
Thank you.

PS. I vote for the Satellite.

I vote Satellite as well. You couldn’t get the HEMI in a Satellite in ‘68, only on the Road Runner or GTX package but I’d put the HEMI in the Satellite and keep it looking just how it is

I like the Satellite better - more stealth!

Challengers and Cudas are cool but they will never look as good as B body.
That 68 looks real nice.

Another vote for the Satellite.

the 68 Satellite for sure

'Midsize 5 Plymouth' all could get a Hemi option, never say never

68 Plymouth Specifications Advert. #1.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #12 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #4 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg
68 Plymouth Options Advert. #1.jpg

I'm sure the challenger would bring more $$ in a resale with the hemi ,and I'd have to sell it because I could stand looking at that dash and console!
satellite would be a keeper!

To me, I've had enough Challengers for awhile. They still build them, so it feels like I see them everyday. When was the last time you drove around and just happened to bump into a Satellite (road runner). Around my town, almost never! My 65 Coronet, never. Rare is always a winner. JMO..

certainly a difficult choice. both nice cars and both would readily accept the hemi upgrade. i think between these two cars the challenger would be my choice….

Challenger. That Satellite is too original to screw with.

cars 007.JPG

cha18.JPG

rt se may 16 010.JPG

I vote Satellite, but I'm old. If you're a young guy the Challenger is a option. I have a '70 and now they are just hard to get in and out of.
FWIW.

Satellite vote here. Just FYI, a 68 Satellite could not be ordered with a Hemi.

This is FBBO, so there's a bias towards the Satellite, which is my vote.

Actually a bonus on the green, as it adds to the sleeper effect.

No Hemi Satellites in 68, but then there were supposedly none in 67 either, but that was proved wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back