• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is no ugly

the 68 Satellite for sure

'Midsize 5 Plymouth' all could get a Hemi option, never say never
What are the " Midsize 5"? B Body's? Belvedere, Roadrunner, Satellite, GTX. What am I missing? BTW, That is an excellent sales brochure to have. Thanks for posting.

This is FBBO, so there's a bias towards the Satellite, which is my vote.

Actually a bonus on the green, as it adds to the sleeper effect.

No Hemi Satellites in 68, but then there were supposedly none in 67 either, but that was proved wrong.
I expected a bias. I posted the same thread on FEBO. And guess what, the same bias toward E body's. Lol

I'm sure the challenger would bring more $$ in a resale with the hemi ,and I'd have to sell it because I could stand looking at that dash and console!
satellite would be a keeper!
That’s why I could never own a E body. I don’t care if it was a 71 Hemi Cuda. The interior is absolutely horrid.

What are the " Midsize 5"? B Body's? Belvedere, Roadrunner, Satellite, GTX. What am I missing? BTW, That is an excellent sales brochure to have. Thanks for posting.
Sport Satellite #5

certainly a difficult choice. both nice cars and both would readily accept the hemi upgrade. i think between these two cars the challenger would be my choice….
if it was a T/A especially

70 AAR 'cuda is my all-time favorite for the E-body

Enough with the negative E body talk! When I am cruzin wit my top down,and my T/A side exit exhaust,I cant heeeeeaaaarrrr you!

20220522_130902.jpg

20221015_164702.jpg

20220501_200829.jpg

Last edited:
What is not asked. What is the intention? If you're looking for a mean street machine? The B-body will be more streetable. Even cornering. Putting a heavy hemi in the Challenger will present more drivable chassis challenges that may not being considered. One is the simple fact of more and less expensive chassis options to the B vs the E. Starting with the rear. I would rather be looking for a Dana to support the hemi in the B-body vs E-body. Just on cost. Let alone availability. If cost is no subject? Then nevermind. (But I've yet to see that "Cost" has no factor. Lol.)

JMO

Last edited:
Why decide? Buy 'em both and find another engine for the one that doesn't get the hemi.

Sport Satellite #5
I don't think that brochure is precise.
Has anyone seen a 68 sport satellite with a hemi??
And the roadrunner engine was only in a RR , no?
440 in a Runner? No.
They just listed all the cars. And all the engines. Not specific applications

I never seen a 68 Hemi Satellite or Belvedere,The last year was 67. The two engine options for 68 Road Runners were the 383 and the 426 Hemi. In 1969 the 440 Six Barrell was offered as a mid year option In 1970 the 440 Six Barrel became optional. The 440 Super Commando 4 barrel engine was not available in the Road Runner,with the exception of the Superbird in 1970.

I never seen a 68 Hemi Satellite or Belvedere,The last year was 67. The two engine options for 68 Road Runners were the 383 and the 426 Hemi. In 1969 the 440 Six Barrell was offered as a mid year option In 1970 the 440 Six Barrel became optional. The 440 Super Commando 4 barrel engine was not available in the Road Runner,with the exception of the Superbird in 1970.
all of them were available in the 1968 GTX, (except the 383 or & 440-6 it's not part of it)
The 1968 GTX is part of the midsize 5 listed there
Jesus Chrysler people

all of them were available in the 1968 GTX, (except the 383 or & 440-6 it's not part of it)
The 1968 GTX is part of the midsize 5 listed there
Jesus Chrysler people
He asked about the Road Runner,Sport Satellite and Belvidere,not the GTX. The 440-6 was available in the GTX in 70 and 71,and two 72s.

Auto Transport Service
Back