• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "I'm so old thread......"

I'm remodeling the bathroom, as you know, and the kneeling on the floor and getting up and down, and laying on my back all twisted up under the vanity inside the cabinet takes a toll.. sore muscles that haven't been used in a while. Not as young and springy as I once was despite having been in the military so long and forced to exercise daily. I expect that I'm in better shape than a lot of guys my age, but still. Stiff and sore at the end of the day.

Exactly. We're all not as limber as we once were. I can't work under the dash anymore without removing the front seat. We all can remember scaling chain link fences as kids and jumping off the top of them. Now, I just love the "old man step" that's built into the tailgate of my PU truck so I don't have to hop down.

th (1).jpg

Have you all succumbed to the "Old Man walk" yet? The change in stride to shorter steps? No longer the swinging stroll you always used? I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm not THAT old yet. lol. I ask myself " Why are you shuffling?" Stop it!

Have you all succumbed to the "Old Man walk" yet? The change in stride to shorter steps? No longer the swinging stroll you always used? I have to remind myself sometimes that I'm not THAT old yet. lol. I ask myself " Why are you shuffling?" Stop it!

Not yet. I was always a fast walker, but I can see that my stride has slowed down slightly.

When you were a kid, the Doctor was old and now you're old and the Doctor is a kid.........
My last doctor was around 8 years older than but he doesn't take Medicare so I had to find another one when I turned 65.....and my new doc is about the same age as I am. Lots of old docs out there still and my guess is that they don't have any other life.

I'm so old I remember we had the first color TV on the block, 19" Panasonic.
Hardly ever watched TV except for the weather report when I was riding a bike to work every day and that TV was a little 13" B&W. Got a 19" Panasonic in 79 when I got married and man, she was and still is a TV freak. When she started working she wanted to get a recorder so she could watch her suck operas when she got home from work. Uh, I'll be out in the shop if you need me!

Exactly. We're all not as limber as we once were. I can't work under the dash anymore without removing the front seat. We all can remember scaling chain link fences as kids and jumping off the top of them. Now, I just love the "old man step" that's built into the tailgate of my PU truck so I don't have to hop down.
I have to be careful when pulling out the seat or my back will notify me pretty fast. As for the tailgate step....instead of buying a new truck with the built in step I got one of those 2 step plastic deals and it works well. 5 bucks at an estate sale and I can use it to get a better look in the top of my toolbox :D Also good to sit on for doing certain things....

Not yet. I was always a fast walker, but I can see that my stride has slowed down slightly.
Can still walk pretty good and have always been a fast walker too. Slow walking makes my back and knees hurt way sooner than fast walking....

I'm so old.................my crank is getting rusty from lack of use. It needs turned but it's already undersized! :rofl:

I'm so old, that when I was born there were only 48 states.

I'm so old that I remember when The air was clean, the cars were masterpieces and the women were fabulous. My birthday is in 3 days though so I'll forget all of that then because I will be too old...
here's a preemptive strike :poke:
for a Happy Birthday wish

while I still remember

Happy Birthday Dogs -Labs in party hats-.gif

Wow - a lot of yuz guys are witty! The birthday card makers would like these. One of the best investments I made was knee pads - have worn out a few pair already to spare my two surgery back. I put buckets in my plymouth 20+ years ago never realizing how convenient this would be later removing the seat - have had it out so many times the threads are half the size they once were. Thinking using wing nuts on them....won't think about what might happen in a crash.

I'm so old that when I was a little kid, the Dead Sea was only sick at the time.

I notice that I can't piss hard enough to put out fires anymore.
I knew a guy when I was in my late teens...He could stand outside and piss so hard his stream would almost reach the rain gutter on his porch. I watched from inside the house, by the way.

I notice that I can't piss hard enough to put out fires anymore.
I knew a guy when I was in my late teens...He could stand outside and piss so hard his stream would almost reach the rain gutter on his porch. I watched from inside the house, by the way.
Just like the old fuel pump on my 66 Dart, not much pressure any more!

Last edited:
I'm so old I didn't get to ride in the Ark, I planted the trees that Noah used to build it.
I'm so old that once I ate that apple the old lady gave me, it's been down hill ever since.

I'm so old that my teeth remind me of the stars, they come out at night.

Auto Transport Service
Back