• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Nats in August 2017

FlagCraig

Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Going for the first time. Taking two cars with my mechanic friend and his son. One car will be 67 GTX for the 50th anniversary. I have read many previous post of this event. Some very positive and some negative. Doing this one instead of Carlisle because of distance.

Looking for some recommendations and thoughts of this event. We will be driving in on Friday about Noonish and leaving Sunday.
Any recommended hotels close?
Do they let you park trailers on site at event in a designated area?
Do the cars leave the field each day or stay overnight?
Organized?

Never been to a big Mopar only show. Only local club stuff.

Thanks for any tidbits.

Book your hotel NOW!
Show is pretty well organized.
Trailer parking available on the west side of the track.
We take our cars with us each night. Not sure if you can leave them there or not.
Always a cool cruise on Saturday night.
Lots of rusty junk to look at in the swap and car corral.

book your room now I go every year and have a great time

You'll get a few putting the Nats down I'm sure but I go every year and love it. Way more fun than Carlisle with the drag racing and dyno going on. Downsides are... cars aren't grouped like Carlisle, food is stupid expensive, weather is usually blistering hot and muggy and way to many golf carts blocking pedestrian traffic.
My advice is bring a cooler and shade and you'll be set.

I definitely going this year. Taking the silver 67. I might make a few hits....it's been awhile.

I go every year, considering making Stella burnout contest worthy...

We have been attending since 1987 and it is not the same as it was years ago, but all of the shows have basically seen attendance dropping over the past five to seven years. Personally, I would try to be there by Thursday evening to get checked into the motel and to take advantage of the cruising scene in Hebron if that is on your agenda. If your bringing the car to be judged, they usually start between 10 and 11 and although the gates are much better than they were years ago, it can be chaos trying to get in and parked. The other reason, I say to get there on Thursday evening is that the Sunday venue is basically left only to the drag racers and vendors on the midway. By Saturday evening, I would say 60% of the vendors are packed up and will be gone when you pull back into the grounds on Sunday morning.
For motels, I would say just about everything in Hebron is booked by now unless someone cancels and you get lucky. There are some nice motels just East of Brice Rd. in Reynoldsburg, but I would say most of those rooms are already booked and are in the $150 per night range. We stay at the Hampton Inn at the Airport, it is away from all of the grid lock and by the time we leave the track each evening, we are only wanting to get something to eat and some sleep for the next day.

My Dad and I have been going for years...we always have a great time. This will be the first year we bring a car as we'll be driving my '67 Satellite from the Chicagoland area.

As others have said, get your lodging squared away ASAP. When you get there don't be afraid to ask others around you for minor details. Maybe we're just lucky, buy we usually find the people to be pretty nice since we're all there for a common interest.

Be prepared to do A LOT of walking...A LOT. If you have anyone with mobility issues look into getting a golf cart but try not to be an *** about it like a lot people seem to be...haha. If you just don't want to walk that much bring a bike to get around the grounds, it helps a ton.

Really looking forward to this year with the car and all...hope to meet some FBBO people out there as well.

While I Heath, stop at LaPaloma and get a Sopapilla, and enjoy Buckeye Lake cruising, gracious, excited, yet reasonably sane spectators throughout the loop.

Brice has become urban and murderous and stabby as of late. Just avoid it altogether...

Thanks for all the recommendations, I also booked hotel out by the Airport. I have no option on arrival. I have to work that Thursday so pulling out early Friday morning is already set.
Will parking a trailer be an issue? And can we leave car in trailer on site over night? Or is that a recommended No No.

Thanks for all the recommendations, I also booked hotel out by the Airport. I have no option on arrival. I have to work that Thursday so pulling out early Friday morning is already set.
Will parking a trailer be an issue? And can we leave car in trailer on site over night? Or is that a recommended No No.

The grounds are secured after the track closes, and a lotta guys leave cars locked in the trailer @ the track, so shouldn't be a problem.

Trailer parking is usually on west side (judged show car side) of the track.

There is a parking area off of Refuge Rd. just East of the drag strip. This is the gate that the vendors are set to use. It is gated and people will leave their trailers and two vehicles in this lot. The only problem is that you will probably not be able to find a spot to park in this lot if your not arriving until mid day on Friday, but you can always check it out.

Going for the first time. Taking two cars with my mechanic friend and his son. One car will be 67 GTX for the 50th anniversary. I have read many previous post of this event. Some very positive and some negative. Doing this one instead of Carlisle because of distance.

Looking for some recommendations and thoughts of this event. We will be driving in on Friday about Noonish and leaving Sunday.
Any recommended hotels close?
Do they let you park trailers on site at event in a designated area?
Do the cars leave the field each day or stay overnight?
Organized?

Never been to a big Mopar only show. Only local club stuff.

Thanks for any tidbits.

The Camping spot is a camp ground right next to the track. We tent camp every year and I will be bringing a convoy of Mopars a 67 coronet rt for the 50 years !!!

Auto Transport Service
Back