• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Other" Mopar.... E bodies...

My Pal John has a 70 Triple Black ‘Cuda. Most beautiful Brute ever made. John Herlitz was the visionary designer. BUT, it rides like a buckboard. Awful. B Bodies by comparison are spacious and comfortable.

Triple Black Attack: 1970 440 6-Pack 'Cuda

A8F80343-1A31-41D6-A026-012B446C61BD.png

THat's a beauty of an AAR Don. It was meant to be. I have a friend with a original unrestored T/A that he drives to car shows an hour away. It is a cool piece.
Thanks Mike, this is actually my mopar dream car FC7 with white interior, has fender tags, no build sheet was ever found, someone replaced the motor pre 1983, A friend of mine dad owned this car when we were in high school together, he bought it in 1983 for $1900. Got the car with the motor pulled and several boxes of parts, got her running and broke in with a new non matching 340. I do have the six pack set up, but needs alot of love. drove it around the block and froze a caliper on it, that was mid october, so I shelfed it for a bit to complete my new shop. Planning on redoing the brake system on it in a few months and driving the **** out of it tis summer, fixing mechanicals as i go.

THat's a beauty of an AAR Don. It was meant to be. I have a friend with a original unrestored T/A that he drives to car shows an hour away. It is a cool piece.
You just gotta love an unrestored car.

20230610_121837.jpg

I've had a few. This was the worst car I ever restored and half decent sheetmetal wasn't available.

DSC00226 (Large).JPG

71 440/6 4 sp Challenger will be making it's debut in the "little off the back and sides" thread.......... coming soon

IMG_20231210_161652590_HDR.jpg

I've had a few. This was the worst car I ever restored and half decent sheetmetal wasn't available.

View attachment 1575651
The people who complain about the AMD panels have no idea how it was trying to rebuild a rusty Mopar before those parts were available. I put quarter panel skins on my 70 Challenger convertible back then I was so disgusted with the way they fit that I cut them back off of the car.

The people who complain about the AMD panels have no idea how it was trying to rebuild a rusty Mopar before those parts were available. I put quarter panel skins on my 70 Challenger convertible back then I was so disgusted with the way they fit that I cut them back off of the car.

love it when guys complain about AMD parts........ rookies :lol:

Lots of nice E bodies here..gotta agree with a few comments...

A) E bodies don't ride like B bodies... But with the right parts they can be made to ride pretty well..
B) If your bitching about AMD parts you should have tried building one of these cars pre-AMD..

R/C Super Nice Challenger but what color is it? Maybe it's the old photo, maybe it's my screen, I'm thinking it's Sublime but it looks to yellow..
Mike, couple nice Rally 340 cars.. :thumbsup: and your buddies T/A is killer..

Chargervert, seems like you must own every Mopar in the state of Rhode Island...Food thing you picked a small state.. Could you imagine how much space you would need if you were buying up all the Mopars in Texas..

VanDan Good looking R/T SE

Don, You let a pretty sweet Vert project get away.... But a FC7 AAR is a worthy substitute... Always loved the Trans Am cars....

Jim, I've known both of your cars a lot longer than I've known who your are... Pretty good taste in Mopars..

Dennis, yeah John's Cuda is a awesome example of Black Art...

M Missile Always liked your Cuda vert..... Sweet ride..

Sheldon, for all the hating on that Hemicuda I'd still love to own it....

Eldubb440 Just rescuing one old car after another... Gotta love it....

My first Mopar was a ‘70 ‘Cuda. I still own it.

oh, and my buddy's 70 R/T mild custom........ I wish he'd get his *** over here :rolleyes:

IMG_20230929_201812.jpg
IMG_20230820_201833145_HDR.jpg

love it when guys complain about AMD parts........ rookies :lol:
Baby Blue had an OEM replacement on the passenger side, and the body shop patched the driver's side rather than fight with the skins available at the time. My four speed car was restored with AMD panels in 2015. That car looked way better than Baby Blue when they were parked side by side. Volo Museum currently has the four speed car for sale. Check out the pictures if you don't believe AMDs are a good alternative.

71 440/6 4 sp Challenger will be making it's debut in the "little off the back and sides" thread.......... coming soon

View attachment 1575653
I bought my '71 in 2010 and at the time, it seemed like '71 V code Challengers were near unicorns. Magazines regularly had features on '70s and just about any Mopar car show would have at least one 70 V code Challenger there, but never a '71.
Lately though it seems like more '71s are surfacing which is nice. There probably haven't been more than a half dozen at MCACN over the years, but this year there were 2, a fresh resto of a 1 owner TX9 example, and a solid and complete, but needing resto FY1 N96 in barn finds.
Good to see another one "in the works".
Here are my 2 six pack Challengers, my T/A I've had since I was 16, and my '71.

9-1-18 (20).JPG

I've always been an ebody guy, but I have to admit they aren't that comfortable to drive for longer trips, that is why I've started getting into B bodies. I was getting lazy and driving my blue 2009 Challenger to most shows and cruises much over 30 miles away, and got frustrated with myself cluttering up events with yet another "new car", which is why I tracked down a Magnum to replace it for longer hauls.
My all around favorite will always remain my '70 Challenger convertible though. It's a regular at local cruises and shows for the last 25 years since I bought it. Pretty much always "top down"!

9-17-2006_007.jpg

I've always been an ebody guy, but I have to admit they aren't that comfortable to drive for longer trips, that is why I've started getting into B bodies. I was getting lazy and driving my blue 2009 Challenger to most shows and cruises much over 30 miles away, and got frustrated with myself cluttering up events with yet another "new car", which is why I tracked down a Magnum to replace it for longer hauls.
My all around favorite will always remain my '70 Challenger convertible though. It's a regular at local cruises and shows for the last 25 years since I bought it. Pretty much always "top down"!

View attachment 1575779
Just a small fleet of Challengers... And all pretty special cars...

One of my first Challengers was a FK5 R/T SE, beautiful color but I swear it was like a stealth car... No one noticed it, out on the cruise strip one night I lit the tires past a buddy in his red Camaro.... Cop on a side street comes zooming up... And pulls over the Camaro... :rofl:
These days people notice and appreciate the more subdued colors but back in the 70's they just got lost in a sea of musclecars...

Just a small fleet of Challengers... And all pretty special cars...

One of my first Challengers was a FK5 R/T SE, beautiful color but I swear it was like a stealth car... No one noticed it, out on the cruise strip one night I lit the tires past a buddy in his red Camaro.... Cop on a side street comes zooming up... And pulls over the Camaro... :rofl:
These days people notice and appreciate the more subdued colors but back in the 70's they just got lost in a sea of musclecars...
Hilarious! Here are a couple of mine-

20231210_160908.jpg

20210812_115126.jpg

20210812_115104.jpg

It's hard to say on colors. I've felt that E body enthusiasts are more often than not color snobs. If it ain't purple or one of the other high impact options, it's invisible to them with the exception of a few other choices like black, which jacks the value of a E body up 50%.
My FK5 and GK6 cars constitute somewhat of an "island of unwanted toys" in many peoples minds. Which is fine with me, I have seen more than my share of high impact color Mopars in the last 45 years I've been in the hobby, and you can have em, as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me! And I'm in a small minority.
One of my best Mopar buddies lives near me and has a GA4 Challenger 340 convertible he bought 50 years ago. We've parked next to each other countless times at local events. And it seems every time we are sitting by our convertibles chatting, someone will come up and ask him if he wants to sell his car. I can count on one hand how many people have asked about buying my FK5 Challenger in a quarter century of enjoying it. Which both bothers me, and doesn't bother me. It'll be for sale when my estate is selling it! But on the other hand it bothers me it doesn't get the respect it deserves. I've had a few nicknames for it over the years, maybe I should start calling it "Rodney" for Rodney Dangerfield for a new one?

It's hard to say on colors. I've felt that E body enthusiasts are more often than not color snobs. If it ain't purple or one of the other high impact options, it's invisible to them with the exception of a few other choices like black, which jacks the value of a E body up 50%.
My FK5 and GK6 cars constitute somewhat of an "island of unwanted toys" in many peoples minds. Which is fine with me, I have seen more than my share of high impact color Mopars in the last 45 years I've been in the hobby, and you can have em, as far as I'm concerned. But that's just me! And I'm in a small minority.
One of my best Mopar buddies lives near me and has a GA4 Challenger 340 convertible he bought 50 years ago. We've parked next to each other countless times at local events. And it seems every time we are sitting by our convertibles chatting, someone will come up and ask him if he wants to sell his car. I can count on one hand how many people have asked about buying my FK5 Challenger in a quarter century of enjoying it. Which both bothers me, and doesn't bother me. It'll be for sale when my estate is selling it! But on the other hand it bothers me it doesn't get the respect it deserves. I've had a few nicknames for it over the years, maybe I should start calling it "Rodney" for Rodney Dangerfield for a new one?
Yup, there are colors I would avoid, FK5 isn't on that list.... I always thought it looks awesome... Rodney works... Funny, in 1970 FK5 was a big seller, why? Cause it looks great on these cars, all of them, A's, B's, C's & E's....

Auto Transport Service
Back