• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Other" Mopar.... E bodies...

I've always been an ebody guy, but I have to admit they aren't that comfortable to drive for longer trips, that is why I've started getting into B bodies. I was getting lazy and driving my blue 2009 Challenger to most shows and cruises much over 30 miles away, and got frustrated with myself cluttering up events with yet another "new car", which is why I tracked down a Magnum to replace it for longer hauls.
My all around favorite will always remain my '70 Challenger convertible though. It's a regular at local cruises and shows for the last 25 years since I bought it. Pretty much always "top down"!

View attachment 1575779
We had a car just like that out here in Seattle in the 80's. It was a beautiful survivor then, and extremely pampered.
K5 and burnt orange wasn't that common. We would park together with my k5 Cuda
It had the license UNTOP and owned by Jason. We never thought to keep track of cars and people. Or vins.
But I borrowed the name untop for my removable hardtop barracuda.

Sure miss my 70.

Scan duster 1.jpeg

Scan duster 2.jpeg

My Pal John has a 70 Triple Black ‘Cuda. Most beautiful Brute ever made. John Herlitz was the visionary designer. BUT, it rides like a buckboard. Awful. B Bodies by comparison are spacious and comfortable.

Triple Black Attack: 1970 440 6-Pack 'Cuda

View attachment 1575607
Wheelbase sure helps.
The Barracuda had a 108" wheelbase, our 66-70 Dodge B body cars had 117". I have a 67 Dart with 111".
If you "spring" an E body to handle high HP, I'd expect it to ride a bit rougher than our cars.
Ride is such a subjective thing though. My red car rides about the same as our 2015 Challenger R/T with the upgraded spring and brake option package.(Super Track Pack)
I like a firm ride.
I've never been in John's black Plymouth, just the convertible A body Barracuda.
He sure is sharp in terms of tech. His knowledge would be good to have over here. He does post at FABO but rarely here if at all.

Nice hat....

Dennis beer 1.JPG

Wheelbase sure helps.
The Barracuda had a 108" wheelbase, our 66-70 Dodge B body cars had 117". I have a 67 Dart with 111".
If you "spring" an E body to handle high HP, I'd expect it to ride a bit rougher than our cars.
Ride is such a subjective thing though. My red car rides about the same as our 2015 Challenger R/T with the upgraded spring and brake option package.(Super Track Pack)
I like a firm ride.
I've never been in John's black Plymouth, just the convertible A body Barracuda.
He sure is sharp in terms of tech. His knowledge would be good to have over here. He does post at FABO but rarely here if at all.

Nice hat....

View attachment 1575836

nice pee jug....... never leave your car unattended at a car show

my 70 challenger rt 440 sixpack 4spd , traded my 71 challenger rt 340 auto ralley package car to my cam grinder with the parts to repair it .

Scan0001_0001.jpg

Scan0007_0007.jpg

Scan0008_0008.jpg

Scan0009_0009.jpg

Scan0012_0012.jpg

Scan0013_0013.jpg

Scan0014_0014.jpg

Scan0015_0015.jpg

Scan0022_0022.jpg

Scan0023_0023.jpg

looks like just ferds and chebys
They were advertising for E-bodies a couple of years ago. Maybe Mother Mopar squashed it...they wanted a royalty?

My one and only E-body that I owned 40 years ago. Lately, I've had a hankering for an AAR Cuda.

View attachment 1575583

View attachment 1575584
Nice looking Challenger
I had several friends that had them, all aspects from sb to hemis
the Baradoe Bros & the Mermons in my home town, had several
my racing partner had a nice 70 R/T SE Challenger,
it was a good looking car
even he said he liked the way, a B-body 'drives/rides' better...

I'd love to get an AAR 'cuda too...
not a big fan of E-bodies, my buddy Jeff/'the Beak'
had a nice 70 Gran coupe 383, copper & black top & guts, day 2 car all the way
we had a blast in that car
it road rough, compared to my 68 Charger or 68 RR
or even my 71 Demon at that time

I'm more of a Plymouth guy, except for the Chargers...
or Demon's

Last edited:
My friend has a 70 Challenger R/T convertible V code car in his Challenger collection.

The dual headlamps of challenger pop for me, the clean lines of the Cuda are great... so I guess I’ll have one of each! Idk they both are stunning cars imo but my 70 Charger RT wins with my 68 Sport Satellite rag top next in line... God the decisions I need more space like Chargervert!

They were advertising for E-bodies a couple of years ago. Maybe Mother Mopar squashed it...they wanted a royalty?
Whelp, they will not be offering E-body shells in the future @Kern Dog

I sent them an email this evening and they immediately replied back to me. See below:

Screenshot_20231219-190214~4.png

4392wl.jpg

I missed out on a beautiful , dark green four speed AAR in 1983/1984. It was immaculate and priced accordingly...$5,850 (if I recall correctly).

I missed out on a beautiful , dark green four speed AAR in 1983/1984. It was immaculate and priced accordingly...$5,850 (if I recall correctly).
83/84 that was pretty strong money for an AAR...

Auto Transport Service
Back