• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Other" Mopar.... E bodies...

83/84 that was pretty strong money for an AAR...
It was worth every penny, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I've got the advertisement around here in one of my file boxes. I looked at the car and somehow didn't drool all over it.

Just as well as I lived in Dallas/Fort Worth...it would have been stolen in less than a month. Tons of car thieves in DFW.

That was the nice thing about having a 1979 Chrysler 300. No one wanted one, not even the thieves.:p

1983....... was looking at a V code/auto Challenger. The trans was out of it, so I couldn't hear the engine run; guy wanted 2500........ found my GTX a week later and drove it home for 900

83/84 that was pretty strong money for an AAR...
I was doing the same in that time frame. B5, black T/A, 4 speed. For sale at Autorama. It was a lawyer at Chrysler whom owned at the time. He shall remain nameless. $5500.00. I said I will take it. After 4 or 5 of months of chasing this guy, I finally figured out he didn't want to sell it. He still has it today. Damn!

Few i have all get driven

bluezy.JPG

DODGE TA.jpg

A66Front.jpg

TAINS.jpg

IMG_20221024_090504.jpg

Last edited:
Don. If you don't mind me asking, where are you at in MI ?
just south of 94 near Grass lake exit west of Ann Arbor 20 minutes home of Brandon Lape the kid on America's got talent finalist. good kid hell of a football player too my son takes the pics, and videos for the school

One of my friends V code Challenger R/T cars. He has four V code 70 Challengers,two are 4 speed cars,two are automatics.

20181111_135113.jpg

Had a 1970 challenger 340. No interest to own another one.

I would love have another 1968 Chrysler 300 vert though. The one I had was black with red interior . Sadly I lost it in a field fire about 10 years ago
The Challenger is now in Australia I believe.

225220_1114718721289_3223638_n.jpg

1968-chrysler-300.jpg

Last edited:
IMO 2 of the most beautiful cars ever made is a TA Challenger and a AAR Cuda but that’s where it stops for me. I just absolutely hate the interior inside both of them.

The e-body interiors are the first sculpted departure, from the flat, same-old designs of decades before. They looked great for a short time, due to primitive hard-plastics. They can be made very appealing and warmer with some thought and money. All modern cars are sculpted.
cuda left door inner done.jpg

cuda interior 6-30-22.jpg
cuda interior angled.jpg

I have had B bodies in the past and still hang around here. I currently own a 71 Challenger and a 75 360 Duster. I will agree with the ride is not as nice as an A, B, or C body. My E body has super stock springs and Hemi torsion bars in it and it is super stiff but, the fun of the 512 in it makes you forget about all that..lol. I could drive my Duster all day and be just fine but, a couple hours in my E body is enough.
FB_IMG_1699028770588.jpg
20230818_085242.jpg
20210605_202311.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back