• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Mine is roached also, but called the Roached Runner.

20210530_123505.jpg

20210530_123448.jpg

That is a great retirement project Mark, I am definitely jealous. Doesn't look like you will have to do much metalwork at all, short of the trunk pan? Are you keeping most everything stockish except the motor and trans? Or going the resto mod style which has become so poppular lately, at auctions anyway.

Looks like a relatively unmolested "survivor" type vehicle to me.

Just the way I like to find them.

That is a great retirement project Mark, I am definitely jealous. Doesn't look like you will have to do much metalwork at all, short of the trunk pan? Are you keeping most everything stockish except the motor and trans? Or going the resto mod style which has become so poppular lately, at auctions anyway.

Thanks! The other rot spots are the passenger footwell, Dutchman panel, a small spot in the roof and another small spot under the battery tray. I’m going to keep the car stock looking and my goal is to make it purple and white like this….

56C4C18F-9F58-41A6-A993-C09078A1055E.jpeg

Thanks! The other rot spots are the passenger footwell, Dutchman panel, a small spot in the roof and another small spot under the battery tray. I’m going to keep the car stock looking and my goal is to make it purple and white like this….

View attachment 1437508
That will be sharp, except for those goofy wheels if they are 17's. No offense if that's what you want, just not my cup of tea.

That will be sharp, except for those goofy wheels if they are 17's. No offense if that's what you want, just not my cup of tea.

Agreed, those wheels are fugly. With the coil over front end I'm going with, 17" wheels are a must. I have 17" Torque Thrusts on my Cuda & they look pretty good. The Charger will have larger tires with more sidewall.

5708D676-0E06-406E-92EF-E67D5213AFCE.jpeg

Took out the steering column, dashboard, a/c-heater box and wiper motor this morning. Not much left in it.

B110DAB1-F1D8-4BF7-A855-5B476337395B.jpeg

Plenty of holes to be welded up.

77589175-6F67-49B0-9C03-010D603716C9.jpeg

Please show more pictures repairs that need to be made and so forth looking forward to the progress.

Please show more pictures repairs that need to be made and so forth looking forward to the progress.

The car is scheduled to go into the body shop in the late summer-early fall, so don’t expect too much in the way of bodywork to be done other than test fitting the engine & transmission.

The car is scheduled to go into the body shop in the late summer-early fall, so don’t expect too much in the way of bodywork to be done other than test fitting the engine & transmission.
Tell me you are keeping the factory ac?

Agreed, those wheels are fugly. With the coil over front end I'm going with, 17" wheels are a must. I have 17" Torque Thrusts on my Cuda & they look pretty good. The Charger will have larger tires with more sidewall.

View attachment 1437545
I'm really digging the styling of the hubcaps. Maybe do like @keepat did and make a set of special rims?

(Haha - easy for me to spend your money...) :lol:

Tell me you are keeping the factory ac?

Unfortunately no. I'm told that the 392 is tight to the firewall and the A/C hose connections will interfere. I'm going with Classic Air, but I'd like to see if I can finagle things it so the factory ductwork can be utilized.

IMG_0125.JPG

I'm not. Do you want them? :thumbsup:
Thank you! But I don't have a car those will work on.

I guess this is what makes the car hobby cool - everyone has different tastes. None of them right or wrong!

... OK, maybe there are some that are flat out wrong...
japanese-car-mods.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back