• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

That's a nice clean slate! It is always best to start with the best body you can find.I have and still are doing them both ways,and starting with a solid body verses a rust bucket requiring a bunch of panel replacement is always the best way to go. I have been sourcing cars from out west and down south,as my desire to save rusty Mopars at any cost has started to wain!

Last edited:
That's a nice clean slate! It is always best to start with the best body you can find.I have and still are doing them both ways,and starting with a solid body verses a rust bucket requiring a bunch of panel replacement is always the best way to go. I have been sourcing cars from out west and down south,as my desire to save rusty Mopars at any cost has started to wain!

Just finished stripping the doors. All of the nuts and bolts have come off easily and not one has snapped. That's what a car from Texas is like.

Just finished stripping the doors. All of the nuts and bolts have come off easily and not one has snapped. That's what a car from Texas is like.
Unless it was from near the Gulf coast for the first several years and been on the beach then get taken out to the west Texas desert and parked for 30 years and wind blown dust mixes in with the salty sand and then it rains from time to time and it does do that out there lol. Man, that road runner that I worked on for a guy a few years ago was nothing but a huge headache with nothing coming apart easily. He told me that it had been parked in the desert for 35 years iirc and then told me it was a local car that got hauled to the dessert after I got started on the thing and was having trouble getting things apart.

I was graced with the presence of Mr. Crainium himself today! He brought Jack with him,who I haven't seen in a few years. Jack sold me an A12 Superbee many moons ago,and I wish I still had it everyday! It was really good to see those guys,they toured my indoor junkyard and picked up a few trinkets for the Roach project! This car is gonna be cool when it's done! RC was wearing his best Sunday outfit,having just left Church afterall it was palm Sunday,and he's got a grip on things!

R.jpg

Last edited:
I was graced with the presence of Mr. Crainium himself today! He brought Jack with him,who I haven't seen in a few years. Jack sold me an A12 Superbee many moons ago,and I wish I still had it everyday! It was really good to see those guys,they toured my indoor junkyard and picked up a few trinkets for the Roach project! This car is gonna be cool when it's done! RC was wearing his best Sunday outfit,having just left Church afterall it was palm Sunday,and he's got a grip on things!

View attachment 1443540

When I grace other people's homes with my presence, their property value goes up.

On another note, I ordered a full interior and vinyl roof from Legendary today.

47jqk9edhsprwrh3p4pdnat2om8f2oa8nk70whxp7o&rid=200.gif

So RC, is there still a long wait time??

Yes. I’m told that the door panels and upper door pads will have the longest lead time, although the order taker didn’t know how long. Stuff will be shipped as it comes in. Fortunately, the reassembly of this car will be a winter project.

Since you are doing a color change, are you throwing it on a rotisserie and stripping/painting the bottom? Adding any frame stiffening?

When I grace other people's homes with my presence, their property value goes up.

On another note, I ordered a full interior and vinyl roof from Legendary today.

View attachment 1444071
Usually when I want my property value to go up I bring home another second generation Charger and it goes up somewhere between 25k to 100k depending upon the condition of the car!

Usually when I want my property value to go up I bring home another second generation Charger and it goes up somewhere between 25k to 100k depending upon the condition of the car!

Imagine how much higher it will go if I was behind the wheel of said Charger!

Since you are doing a color change, are you throwing it on a rotisserie and stripping/painting the bottom? Adding any frame stiffening?

I'll put it on a rotisserie to power wash the underside. I'm NOT going to go into detailing the underside of a car ever again. Rather, I'll hit it with body shutz to clean it up. Frame stiffeners will be added. Going for this color scheme.

56c4c18f-9f58-41a6-a993-c09078a1055e-jpeg.jpg

The frame stanchions came in yesterday & they are extremely well built and bolted up perfectly. Went to Harbor Freight last night to get some cheap dolly wheels

Today, I started in on taking out the rear end, springs and front suspension, which took a little longer than I thought. Fighting a head cold didn't help.

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

You are getting it done son! Overall the shell looks decent! Last fall when I ripped out the front suspension in the Daytona sunroof project,it didn't come apart as easily as I thought it would being that it was a California car.

7 boxes of front suspension pieces just came in.

View attachment 1447852
Do you get email alerts on stuff that's coming in? I had some stuff coming from Amazon and it was supposed to be here this coming Thursday then next thing I know an email comes in yesterday saying tomorrow (tomorrow being Easter Sunday) after I planned on not being here. Luckily, it came before it was time for me to leave. Nothing big deal but these days losing 30 bucks to a porch pirate isn't something I care to do.....

Auto Transport Service
Back