• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

Did you order you window felts? I cant seen to find them in stock anywhere

The welding is about 2/3 done today.

IMG_2475.jpeg

IMG_2472.jpeg

Burn the witch! RC is not that far away from Salem!

Last edited:
Looking great! Did you get the motor from Mancini and did they ship to your door? I have to figure out how to get mine to the house. I dont think my small tractor will lift it, they say about 700lbs.

What's the plan for the rear end? Mine was a 318 car and has an open 8-3/4 with 2.74s. I am debating replacing with a sure grip but leaning towards a new Dana (Jegs is advertising Strange 60s for $2400, the Moser is about $4500). Did you go with the close or wide gear TKX and what rear gear are you running?

Love the build and the purple. I think mine will be similar but with QQ1. Got an email from Legendary yesterday that something shipped and will be here tomorrow. Should be my seat covers as I think everything else is already here. I ordered a full white interior last June. Only took a full year :rolleyes:.

Keep up the great work and keep the updates coming.

Looking great! Did you get the motor from Mancini and did they ship to your door? I have to figure out how to get mine to the house. I dont think my small tractor will lift it, they say about 700lbs.

What's the plan for the rear end? Mine was a 318 car and has an open 8-3/4 with 2.74s. I am debating replacing with a sure grip but leaning towards a new Dana (Jegs is advertising Strange 60s for $2400, the Moser is about $4500). Did you go with the close or wide gear TKX and what rear gear are you running?

Love the build and the purple. I think mine will be similar but with QQ1. Got an email from Legendary yesterday that something shipped and will be here tomorrow. Should be my seat covers as I think everything else is already here. I ordered a full white interior last June. Only took a full year :rolleyes:.

Nothing against Jegs but I'd pay with a credit card, new owners.

I got the engine & whole set-up from Bouchillon Performance in SC. The engine was shipped to my office where I have a forklift. We took the crate apart and loaded the engine on the pallet onto my truck and I removed it at home with the engine hoist.

I'm going to run a 8 3/4 with 3:55 gears. It's a street car and the 8 3/4 will be good enough for the driving I'll be doing.

I didn't know that there was a difference in transmissions & I just got what they ordered from me.

The frame connectors & F&R stiffeners are all welded in place, except for the left side stiffener that welds to on the left side shock tower & inner fender. That side inner fender needs to be replaced and I'll have the body man install that one when he changes that panel.

IMG_2503.jpg

That

Frame connectors and boxes look great. Yeah, I was thinking 8-3/4 is plenty for me too, but if I can get a new Dana for the roughly cost of a new sure grip chunk and restoring what I have, I might as well go with the new Dana.

My understanding of the TKX is it comes with two options, a close or wide ratio:

tremec tkx gearsets.jpg

Figuring out my gears is what is holding me up on pulling the trigger ordering the TKX and rear end. You are way ahead of me on this build so I will be curious what you end up with and your assessment. I'm just shooting for a fun driver.

Looking good and you are flying along. You have your own body guy that comes to the house? and can you send him here? :lol:

Last edited:
Next on the agenda will be cutting the tunnel for transmission clearance, dry testing the engine and transmission, figuring out the coupling from the column and the rack, test fitting the a/c unit and cleaning up the underside with a fresh coat of undercoating.

You doing all the welding yourself in your garage? If so, you are moving along real good for an old retired fart :).

I think I have a new left inner fender,if you want to get all the welding finished now,if you need it.

Auto Transport Service
Back