• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Roach

I delivered the two AMD panels this morning and progress is being made. He’s cleaned up the roof bracing and is going to epoxy prime them and the underside of the roof panel. In a couple weeks it should look like a Charger again.

IMG_8250.jpeg

IMG_8249.jpeg

IMG_8246.jpeg

Here’s the nastiness.

IMG_8247.jpeg

IMG_8248.jpeg

Who would have thunk there would have to be this much metal replacement on that car? Surely not me.

Who would have thunk there would have to be this much metal replacement on that car? Surely not me.

With the exception of the roof skin and Dutchman panel, the rest of the exterior panels and frame are completely rust free. However, the pieces with hidden rot are ....

left side inner fender
passenger's side footwell
trunk floor
patches on understructure of the hood
Dutchman panel support
lower rear window channel.

Before those inner structures get covered back up, good time to shoot some corrosion protection on them.

The pile of almost all new stuff, which pretty much takes up the same amount of space as a car.

IMG_8428.jpeg

And the pile of used/original stuff needing to be cleaned up.

IMG_8429.jpeg

I remember the most fun was walking up to the pile and having EVERYTHING you needed. The only time you stopped, was, because the day was over. Looks great!!

I remember the most fun was walking up to the pile and having EVERYTHING you needed. The only time you stopped, was, because the day was over. Looks great!!

Same here. In my younger days, I’d work from sun-up to sun-down and beyond. In my advanced age, if I worked like that today, I’d be wrecked for several days. These days I pace myself.

Let's see what's hiding underneath all that factory seam sealer on the LH trunk floor extension ......

thumbnail (1).jpg

Why, it looks like some good (ahem) quality UAW work!

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

Years ago, we had a problem with voids in the sealer when it was all done by hand. I suggested a black out booth that straddled the line with a raised floor with lights in it. I built the floor high enough for light fixtures and 1/2 inch lexan, down two rows under the car. The light would shine up and through any imperfections in the seam sealer. I was a hero till the next **** show and they were constant. I have enough stories to write a book, that most would believe was fiction. As always, that looks good.

Auto Transport Service
Back