• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things you messed with on your buddies' car

Was not me but my wife. At the time my girl friend .
Summer ( July) we are riding around with a paper sack of M80 fire crackers.
Going around the blacktop circle drive she is lighting them 2 or 3 and tossing them out.
These things are the big boys ka freaking boom.
Along the drive way in a chevy impala are some guys I know.
Their windows are down, stereo going they are fd up been partying.
As we cruise past she tossed a unlit M80 in their car.
Those *** holes about killed their selves getting out of a 2dr hdtp. I still lmao.

My dad bought a 1969 Dodge and the neighbor bought a 69 Mercury. For the first month or so dad would put a gallon of gas in the neighbors Mercury. They were talking fuel economy over beer, he was bragging to dad about how great it was. The next month dad did nothing, then the next month he siphoned some out once and awhile. I remember how pissed the neighbor was when he found out.
For a few weeks, I was adding gas to the wife’s Honda. I was putting maybe a gallon and a half in each time.
I kept waiting for her to say something about how she hasn’t had to buy gas in awhile since her job was 20 miles away. One day I put in too much and she knew the jig was up.

Last edited:
Ran the coil wire (using a long plug
wire) between the seat back and
seat bottom. Felt bad after him
banging his head pretty good trying
to rapidly exit the car.

Last edited:
My dad bought a 1969 Dodge and the neighbor bought a 69 Mercury. For the first month or so dad would put a gallon of gas in the neighbors Mercury. They were talking fuel economy over beer, he was bragging to dad about how great it was. The next month dad did nothing, then the next month he siphoned some out once and awhile. I remember how pissed the neighbor was when he found out.
Some guys did that to another co-worker at the plant....then came in one day saying "don't know what happened to my car....it was getting great mpg and now it's not and can't find what's wrong with it....." Everyone just started laughing and then he knew.

Same stooopidvisor that we messed with the plug wires kept losing the key for the company truck.....well, we were taking it. Wasn't long before he went to the key/lock shop to get a dozen made. They looked at him kinda strange he said but with a charge number they will do it. At the time he didn't know what was happening to them. Took him less than a week to 'lose' them all :D. Another time we epoxied his 2 way radio to his desk while working OT so the epoxy was nice and set for when he came in the next morning. He always got up from his desk in a big hurry after getting the morning paperwork done and grabbed the radio as he hurried off but that morning he liked to have landed on the floor. It pissed him off so he grabbed it again and then again even harder until it ripped half the lamination off the desk.

My uncle told me a story that him and his buddies would put a jumper wire from the horn wire to the brake light switch on other friends cars. They said it was hilarious to watch them drive away with the horn blowing whenever they hit the brakes...
I still might try that one. With someone I know can appreciate it of course. That's hilarious. Actually now a days I'd probably chicken out lol.

We turned my friends Volkswagen beetle sideways between two other cars in the high school parking lot.
Teacher in high school had a little Toyota, or something of the sort. A handful of us boys picked the car up and moved it into a spot that inevitably blocked him in. He subsequently couldn't move the car without asking at least a couple of folks to move theirs first.

Remember these things?
My uncle put one on my aunt's car at her birthday party once. It was hilarious.
Back when practical jokes involved explosives: Auto Trix Whistling Auto Bomb!
I was about 10yo and a friend and I thought it would be funny to put a smoke bomb in my aunt & uncles new Taurus wagon, hoping they'd think their car was on fire. It backfired on us because it left a colored powder and a smell in their brand new car we hadn't planned for.
1694003907544.png

I like your dad already :lol:

M&M's in the dash vents of a buddies car. Still haven't heard anyone say that yet. Any takers? lol

1694004158103.png

You just don't F*$@^! with a man's car (I'll spare ya the Pulp Fiction movie clip).
Wouldn't do that these days....pranks as young dumb teens and at work as an older but young and still somewhat dumb man. Some at work deserved to be jacked with and the only stoopidvisor at work that I ever messed with got exactly that....and there were others that joined in on it. A few years later he got bounced back to tools because he was such a screw up. He was barely tolerable on tools but as a supervisor he was a total jerk. He was trying to get the jobs done but didn't know how to handle that or handle the hands the way they should be. No body liked him as a supervisor.....

Had a new guy come to work at the JD dealer back in the 80s. We all joked around a lot and he fit right in. Couple of times everything got turned on in his Mazda pickup, so he started locking the doors. Then the door handles got vaselined, and after that we quit for a while. Then one day I cut a 2x4 just long enough to keep the rt rear off the ground. We picked up his truck with a forklift and I slipped it under the axle. We all drove by leaving work honking at him as he sat there with the rt rear just spinning.

I had (past tense) a former buddy
that would stick a bumper sticker on my truck
'Oakland Raider Hater onboard' he knew I wasn't
he was a loser never had a good job, I always paid for ****
he was always broke, now he's a 3 time-divorced, LOSER
& he's a 'Seattle Seahawks fan'
This was back still when they were still AFC West rivals,
but he thought it was funny, it wasn't at all funny...
He did it several times...

Driving around his 'shithole neighborhood' in North Highlands Sacramento
people would drive by and flip me off or yell something
I'd wonder 'what the hell' is up
go back walk around, look around yep a fucken' sticker again

he did it to people's cars he didn't even know

I don't mess with others' cars or property...
I find that appalling...

Last edited:
Now messing with people at work, not their personal property
That was free game, & sometimes funny...

Stupid **** like pulling a truck in-front of the porta-potty door
when they went in to take a dump, so they couldn't get out...

Put this on the front seat of Whitey’s Chevelle at the Street Machine Nats, it was there for a couple hours before he discovered it. Man was he pissed…
IMG_4314.jpeg

Nothing. However, I do program the GPS in rental cars for:
Area 51 (Back Gate Rd. Rachel Nevada)
Nellis AFB
Trinity site
Well known addresses in D.C.
Fort Meade
Roswell NM
Mount Carmel Center in Waco, Texas
Tonopah Test Range

Usually 3 of the above, sometimes more.
:eek:

Set all of the radio presets to country stations- he hates country music.
The jumbo zip tie on the driveshaft trick.
Custom rear license plate which resulted in a traffic stop.
Hillary bumper sticker.
The best was a suction cup dildo stuck on his tail gate, he drove a couple hundred miles on the interstate wondering why everyone in passing cars were giving him such strange looks.
LOL, I have seen this on the road a couple times now in WI. Been a year or two though now.

In high school a friend and I got the bright idea that all we needed to do to his Moms 2 door Cutlass to rake it was put some shock extensions on it ( probably from JC Whitney). I did the dirty work and bolted them on. Of course the outcome of that was predictable - rode rough with bottomed out shocks and bent the shock shafts. Decided we needed air shocks. Then I helped him install a 500 cfm Holley only to realize we knew nothing about how to adjust the throttle, choke and idle settings to get it to run, only good thing was we were really both co-conspirators.

Last edited:
I had (past tense) a former buddy
that would stick a bumper sticker on my truck
'Oakland Raider Hater onboard' he knew I wasn't
he was a loser never had a good job, I always paid for ****
he was always broke, now he's a 3 time-divorced, LOSER
& he's a 'Seattle Seahawks fan'
This was back still when they were still AFC West rivals,
but he thought it was funny, it wasn't at all funny...
He did it several times...

Driving around his 'shithole neighborhood' in North Highlands Sacramento
people would drive by and flip me off or yell something
I'd wonder 'what the hell' is up
go back walk around, look around yep a fucken' sticker again

he did it to people's cars he didn't even know

I don't mess with others' cars or property...
I find that appalling...
I have a story but it goes the other way around.
In WI, you are obligated to like the GB Packers.
Good friend at work. Still to this day, although he is about to retire(he is a good bit older than I am)
This guy grew up in northern WI, but in his teens moved to Rockford Illinois area and lived there for 30+ years.
Of course there is this rivalry with the Bears and GB. Of course, he was living down there when the Bears won the Super Bowl in the 80's and became superstars in many ways.
He likes the cubs too, so basically a big Chicago sports fan.

So we had been working together for about 3 years. Myself, him, and a couple of the other guys are in on a Saturday doing PM's and decide to go down to main street and get a burger and some drinks. We are there for probably 2 hours.
I went to the restroom, snuck around outside and stuck a bright green/yellow GB packers sticker on his Jeep Cherokee.
An hour later we all come out. We are walking down to where we parked, he walks behind his Jeep, sees the sticker, loudly proclaims "thought this is where I parked"
We all bite our bottom lips trying not to laugh. He walks down the street looks around, "where the h#ll is my Jeep?"
We all lose it.
Another guy points and says "right where you left it!"
"THAT AIN'T MY JEEP< IT HAS A DAMN GB STICKER ON IT!"
He argued with us for 5 minutes! I convince him to go try his key. He gets to the drivers door, realizes what has happened just from seeing inside,
"YOU F&^KERS!!"
We all laughed for like 10 minutes with some sarcastic "That ain't my jeep!!" imitations. Got brought up at work when he was trying to be clever with people for the next year LOL.

Red GMC quad cab? :rolleyes:
LOL, one of them was a red truck.... maybe!
I remember seeing it and thinking "what the hell are these young people up to now with this crap?" mostly because of all the plastic truck balls and other "accessories" that were getting used at the time. I just thought it was some new fad getting started lol. You know "my truck has balls!!" "OH Yeah, hold my beer! My truck has...."
Especially after I saw another one on the back of a white dodge like a month later.

Stuff like that can be contagious up here when people are bored.

I dont like to mess with a mans car, but I did put a gay pride license plate holder on my buddies van. Took him 8 months before his son noticed for him.

Auto Transport Service
Back