• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thinking of selling.. Thoughts ?

Have you looked for the Broadcast Sheet?

I used to own a '71 Satellite...so, I am biased towards the body style.

Yours looks very nice, well equipped, and it is an original big block car. It now has a 440 and that makes it even more desirable in my opinion. I'm not in the market for another car, but a good starting point for an asking price is $32k for everything.

That being said, take a look at past sales of the same era of fuselage big block Chargers (more desirable than Plymouth) on BringATrailer.com for comparison and adjust for inflation.

Have you looked for the Broadcast Sheet?

I used to own a '71 Satellite...so, I am biased towards the body style.

Yours looks very nice, well equipped, and it is an original big block car. It now has a 440 and that makes it even more desirable in my opinion. I'm not in the market for another car, but a good starting point for an asking price is $32k for everything.

That being said, take a look at past sales of the same era of fuselage big block Chargers (more desirable than Plymouth) on BringATrailer.com for comparison and adjust for inflation.
I have the broadcast sheet from under rear seat

This post makes me miss my old car, one of 2 cars I regret selling in the past 30 years. Mine was a 100% rust free unrestored car with the numbers matching P code 400. If I didn't sell it, I would have just driven it as is daily. It was a nice driving car. Sold it for $6K about 8-9 years ago.

IMG_3571.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

IMG_3672.JPG

If you want my two cents,I think that the color is going to hold the car back some value wise.

no color changes, i have to admit i like it when I go to a cruise in or car show, its nice that there are no other's there that year/color combo.

most ppl like that it is different. IF there is a 71/72, they are almost always, red, blue or black.

I guess i just need to put a number out, I dont need to sell it, they can talk me down or walk away.

I guess my biggest thing, I dont want to sell it to kid who will mess it up and beat on it, rather someone who appreciates what it is

What?

Not going to put a 10K paint job on to bring the price up 2K?

I'm not saying to repaint the car. The same car in B3 Basin Street Blue,aka Petty Blue, black,red or orange would sell quickly and probably for near or at asking price. This car might be a harder sell because of the color. There are some who want something different that is rarely seen, but they are few and far between.

I'm not saying to repaint the car. The same car in B3 Basin Street Blue,aka Petty Blue, black,red or orange would sell quickly and probably for near or at asking price. This car might be a harder sell because of the color. There are some who want something different that is rarely seen, but they are few and far between.
Ah, ok, i misunderstood !

Might be worth your while to
contract an appraiser.
They're also privy to
prospective buyers, and
market trends. That's a
nice car, with thought as to
it's current condition.

That’s a good looking car. When I bought mine, I have to admit I wasn’t crazy about the color, Tawny Gold, with the SSP silver, white top and interior. It only had 71,000 miles, 400, auto. It had one repaint, but very nicely done. I had looked at quite a few, but the usual things you walk away from. It was also the early 230 block for my plan to stroke it. I actually get a lot of compliments on the color, and it’s grown on me. Red, green, and blue are to common. Not that you see too many of these anyway. Good luck if you decide to sell and take care.

Might be worth your while to
contract an appraiser.
They're also privy to
prospective buyers, and
market trends. That's a
nice car, with thought as to
it's current condition.

My experience with appraisers is that they are a joke. So many don't know what they are looking at and in the end, they'll ask you what you think it's worth.

You can do as good of an appraisal yourself by:

Finding as many "similar" cars as you can that are listed for sale.
Note the listing date.
Note any pertinent differences between those cars and the object car.
Frequently check to see if the listing is gone, or marked as sold.
Note how long the listing was active and at what price.
Note if the price gets reduced or the car is relisted with a lower price.
Note if the seller is a dealer or a private party.

Last edited:
Here's a potential "comp"-

1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus Roadrunner Tribute | eBay

1701266740919.png

Differences-
It's a 71
It's a factory 383-2 car (that's also a similarity- both factory big block 2 barrel cars)
It's got a full vinyl top
It's in a HIP color (and it's the factory color)
It's got that cool black and orange "halloween" interior (but it's not factory)

Similarities-
It's an SSP (RP VIN)
Factory bucket and slapstik car
Previously mentioned BB-2 car
It has a transplanted 440
It has a RR hood
It has AC

I think this is a real good comp car.

It's a dealer, so the price is inflated to cover business costs, and that's just what dealers do.

IMO this is a bit high at 40K, and I bet it doesn't sell.

...but it's a good place to start.

My experience with appraisers is that they are a joke. So many don't know what they are looking at and in the end, they'll ask you what you think it's worth.
You are so right. Years ago, I know of someone who had a late 70's slug Firebird. Paid $4k for the car. Gave the appraiser from north jersey all the paperwork and bills for $13k in resto costs. He gave the guy an appraisal for $17k (do the math). Car wasn't even worth $10k at best at the time. Probably not even now.

Auto Transport Service
Back