• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a sad one fellas. ..

METAL BEE 68

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
I was out in yard today with my wife about 50 ft from The road.(I live in the country) my mom had just pulled up and got out to help. When my neighbors pup came across the road to see us. We all watched as a car drove over her and kept going. As a grown man I felt my heart fall as I saw the dog get hit at the same time my mother let out a blood curtailing scream. The dog died instant. I knelt beside her With a soft hand petting her till the owner showed up. The driver was a little old lady. Had no clue. It could have been my wife checking the mail or one of my dogs. The dog that past came over this morning and I sat with her and pet her and watched her smell around my yard. She was a beautiful blood hound. And I was always mad cuz the owner never keeps his dogs in his yard and let's them run free.

I'm a dog person. My wife and I don't have kids. And she can't have kids. So we have a dogs. A blue heeler and just saved a mut. They are our kids. Our life. As is my mother. My dad past and all she has is dogs. There not " just dogs". There the only animal on earth that loves you more than them self. I'm ranting. But it was tuff! Just had to vent. Thanks all.

That's a shame!!

yeah that sucks! I'm a dog guy myself and yesterday I about put my Big Truck in the ditch cuz a dog and her 2 puppies decided to cross the road ! :sad1:

So sad . . . I'm a dog person too, I know that hurts . . . Sorry it happened.

That's aweful! We saw a Greyhound dog get plastered on the Interstate, it was really sad too.

Sorry to read this. I know it was a bad day for everyone involved

man that's just the worst thing if I saw that I don't know what I would do...my dad hit a dog once with his 57 Plymouth im glad I wasn't there to see that

That's sad. What is really sad is if the animals don't understand traffic dangers then it is the responsibility of the owners to care for them and protect them. If they don't it can be very hard for car drivers to avoid the animals.

Many years ago as I was driving home late, a dog ran across the road. I put my full size pickup sideways in the other lane to avoid him, and damned if he didn't stop on a dime and head back into my path. After I hit him, I found the dog. He was still alive, but he as hurt really bad. The owners came out and they didn't seem to be in too much of a rush to get him to the vet. I kept insisting and they finally loaded him up and headed off. It still bothers me to this day, but I sure as heck tried all I could to avoid him...

Hawk

I'm sorry. Huge dog lover. Our whippet (scaled down grey hound), got out in april and got hit. I had to hold her as she passed. One of the worst things I've ever had to experience.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to see that happen. I've always had a dog. I've ran over a couple also but we had a mutt named Molly for 10 years out in the country that just about killed me when she got hit. She NEVER walked out in the road unless we were with her and I know whoever did it had to have actually came down in the ditch to hit her. She wasn't dead so we had to take her to have her put to sleep and I'm not ashamed to admit, I cried the whole way there and most of the way back. It was 2 years before I would even entertain the thought of getting another dog. They can really get to you. This dog had a hard time getting there with me because Molly really was one of a kind but she plays me like a fiddle now. Who could resist this? 7102013 010.JPG

I FEEL BAD FOR YOU, I live in the country to and you just really don't think of it happening because of the flow of traffic we don't have hear but ive been where you are and can just say im sorry to hear of it!

That is so sad as I love dogs. It breaks my heart just reading it. So sorry for their loss. Here is my two and they are my best buddies. Ron

408637848.jpg

That is sad, may the pup RIP,
my condolences goes out to the owners & all of you effected...
Very sad to have to see something like that, sad just an innocent animal,
my ol'dog Buddy has been having some medical problems lately too,
he actually got hit right in front of my place, about 8 years ago,
people flying by up the hill, some guy driving a Dodge 4x4 driving way too fast in a neighborhood,
he/Buddy was running out to greet a neighbor, going to the mailbox across the street,
I usually don't let him out with out being on a leash, he's extremely social & it was his fault,
he ran out when I wasn't looking,
he got knocked out & had to get stiches in his head, he was extremely lucky...
but people still need to pay attention & slow down...
I dread the day he's gone... I'm a dog guy too...

Auto Transport Service
Back