• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

thoughts ?

WP29440SE

Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
ok BB gurus, working on the 440 today , i realized that the new standard 440 rod bearings i just bought are slightly different from the originals. the old set appears to have an oiling hole or oil exit hole not sure which. the new set does not have this hole. is this critical? why would the new set not have this ? do i need to take all these and cut a notch in them ? these new bearings are a perfect fit. anybody else run into this? thanks guys

Attachments

• rod.jpg
    rod.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 185
  • rod1.jpg
    rod1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 182
pretty sure the new ones have an oil hole in the middle of the bearing saddle and the bearing will have a hole in it to get oil to them, new style do not need that oil groove, i asked the same question when i did mine.

but i would defeintely get soem clarification off meep meep or someone with some more experience

pretty sure the new ones have an oil hole in the middle of the bearing saddle and the bearing will have a hole in it to get oil to them, new style do not need that oil groove, i asked the same question when i did mine.

but i would defeintely get soem clarification off meep meep or someone with some more experience
thank you , im having the same kind of day you are , everytime i turn around its something LOL

Subscribed

i read on the dodgecharger site that the new ones just dont have V grooves, some people are filing them , some are running them. no definite answers to why , WTH or if its ok to just run them

sucks i didnt even notice until the 4th rod/piston went in.

i read on the dodgecharger site that the new ones just dont have V grooves, some people are filing them , some are running them. no definite answers to why , WTH or if its ok to just run them

sucks i didnt even notice until the 4th rod/piston went in.

What is the name brand of your bearings? I have clevite bearings in my 360. Which had oil holes and grooves.

I will be reading along. Hopefully someone will answer soon

yeh i put clevites in they had holes but no grooves

That's right. All that groove is for is skeetin a little extra oil on the cylinder walls. It's not like it's not already a major splash fest in the bottom end to begin with. I know some people assemble the rod bearings in the rods, torque to spec and run a drill bit through the groove in the rod and drill a hole in the bearing halves. I've seen people try to file them and blah blah blah, but if you just gotta have that hole, doing it like above is the easiest and best way. Really in the end though, it's simply not necessary.

Auto Transport Service
Back