• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time Warner Spectrum

snakeyes

Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
who all has them and have you had problems with them seems that I can not get any where with them , PIXELS all channels all the time this is getting to be a pain

Yup, service is terrible and customer service is even worse. If there were any other cable options here I’d switch without a second thought.

When Soectrum bought out Time Warner I was hoping that things would improve

- the only thing that improved was the increase in the base rates from $30 to $60 / month

I dropped Direct TV after 18 years , think about that 18 years

Reason - Rising prices without basically changing anything
Wanting me to pay for insurance on equipment , Incase something would happen

Phone conversations where horrible every time I had an issue - Did I mention rising prices for the same service

Only time they wanted to kiss my *** is when I finally cancelled , then that month following was even worse with customer service trying to return the equipment - What a cluster ****

Over that time had Time Warner Roadrunner Internet - Wireless router thru the house

Issues here and there , but nothing they couldn’t fix and I think I was paying around $45.00 a month

Now running Spectrum Internet along side Spectrum TV Choice App - Local channels and pick your ten cable channels

Wife is running a trial of Netflix also - All this for about $100 a month less then with Direct TV and Time Warner Internet

No contracts

Now the bad side

Pixel issues like mentioned in the first original post - Comes and goes , not every day , not every week
The TV guide won’t load at times - And talking with someone on the phone is even worse then it was with Direct TV if you can believe that

Only thing I wish I could really change is the fact once you pick your ten channels , you can only change or pick different ones in the first month or so and then after that no luck - That part sucks

But man the digital technology is awesome - No boxes , no cables running through the house , no dish

Just one RCA cable coming into the house hooked up to my modem

And now over the past month where I live in the country there upgrading or laying all new digital format along side the streets and sub divisions

Supposedly 200mb capability with some other internet providers like Nsight or Cellcom / Local

Over the last few years look at how many customers have dropped Direct TV and Dish Network

Cut the cord

Technology is amazing

On Mediacom here...just as bad, they are all the same, been on Mediacom 18 yrs.....pixel problems worse in last few years. Seems to be worse from 3pm to 5pm almost daily.

remember back years ago when we had analog no stinking pixels and this came to my mind

Customer service? What’s that?!! They’re all the same anymore!

National anthem may offend illegals, you should be more sensitive to their feelings, i mean they are here illegally they have rights. Just ask a Democrat..:eek:

Maybe just me, but today it seems like everything is a hustle. All these businesses have an angle. Sorry there are no other packages any cheaper then what you have... But tell them to pound salt and i hear... Ok sir let me see what i can do for you, I'm going to put my manager on the phone now for you. All a hustle.

Tried of the bad service & customer service at direct tv. Cancel all movie channels and sports. I Have a service call on Monday for bad signal reception, for the third time. Will be looking at other options.

I agree with oldbee. They're all the same as far as service & issues, some more some less. I swap from dish to spectrum tp direct tv every few years when the terms/contracts run their coarse & the rates go to the "regular customer" rates. ALL these providers treat new customers better than their long term customers. I play their game & have for many years...

There are lots of options out there for tv service. If you pay for internet, use it to your advantage for tv service. There are FREE options out there. They may not be super easy to use if you aren't tech savvy. But anybody can learn. I was using playstation vue. Then prices went up and I cancelled.
KODI is a great option for watching lots of tv and movies if you learn to use it.
I am currently using a service that gives me over 1300 channels. Almost every channel in the US is on this platform. Many or most from Canada and UK. And lots of foreign channels. Every sports channel and almost all movie channels.
It has 3 different pay packages - monthly, every 3 months, and yearly. I'm doing $45 for 3 months for one tv connection. I also use a VPN for $35 a year. All of this is run through my FireBox. You can use almost any tv box.
The only issues I've had is every once in a while, a channel might blank out for a few minutes. There is some lag occasionally. And it's about 3 minutes behind live tv. I don't mind some of the inconvenience for the price I pay. Lol

I use KODI for movies or catching up on tv shows. There's several different addons within it that I use. And you can find several websites that show which addons are working, and how to install them within KODI.

I got Hulu for free because I'm a Sprint customer. Other cell companies offer free tv services now like Netflix.

You can find lots of info doing some searches for "cable tv alternatives".

One of my friends said he'd rather pay for the convenience of knowing he's got tv service than what I do to get cheap tv.

here in western ny,where we cant get anything But tw,
we are very proud of time warner for their commitment to service and going the extra mile.
thats why we love their new name as well,we think it fits them perfectly!
thanks Rectum !! :poke:

Cut the cord and stream. Haven't had TV since 2009 great choice. Don't miss the bs I didn't watch.
Get a digital antenna and have it set in the direction your nearest city is and you should get local channels.

Auto Transport Service
Back