• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tires 67

skurrrtan

Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
i have a satellite 67 and wants to know how big tires i can get in the back ?
i have 15 * 7 wheels with 0 offset .

This is the problem with these beauties, I wound up going to the xtreme and mini tubbing/spring relocation kit...A lot of hand fabrication but will easily accomodate up to a 13" tire, I will likely use a 12x28"...

tub.jpg

What are you going to do about leaf spring location? Ok you cleared the wheel well but not the springs? Nice tubs though can I buy a set?

Building the first side bas been trial and error, I now have it welded in and I will post some more pics soon. I have kept the templates and will try and put a step by step procedure together. I am replying on my phone
And will give more info tomorrow! Thanks for the compliments.

67 coronet \\\\ same as plymouth rear wheel space
I have run 275\60\R15 size tires with 4 1/2 inch back spacing and it's really tight to the inside, but does not hit the inside or the out side part of the quarter panel.
I run a hoosier quick time pro tire that is bigger then that, and it rubs a little on the inside close to the spring.It hits the spring in the turns a little due to the tire flexing over the rim.A regular radial that has a stiffer side wall will be fine.I ran bfg drag radials in 275\60\R15's and they fit perfect.
THAT IS ON A 7 INCH RIM.
If you dont want a wide tire and want your 67 to sit good,i ran 275\75\R15 inch tires before and they looked nice.They were kind of tall (28inch)but once on the back of the car, looked right at home.
4 1/2 inch back spacing works really good on 67 plymouth's and dodge's because of the quarter skirt being over the tire.

Me thinks this thread got a little hi-jacked early on. I will agree with t67 and hink that a 275/60/15 will be about the largest your set up will accommodate. Take measurements on both sides to make sure that axle assembly is centered. Quite often, they were not equal.

Auto Transport Service
Back