• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tires to wide

Hey Don,
I have a 66 Satellite, like the rear set up. What size rim and tire did you use for the front. I used a rim with
a 4 1/2" bs off a 70 AAR Cuda for a mock up. This is just to much bs for the front. To close to the upper a arm.
My stock 6 in rims have a 3 1/2 bs.
Fronts are 7" Ford wheels probably 3-1/2" backspacing with 215/65/15 tires.

66/67 b-bodies have the tightest wheelwells of the bunch, making the backspace measurements the most critical to be right. Your backspace clearly isn't right.
I could give a facetious comment or two, but sorry, in my opinion the only fix is different wheels.
The setup you have would likely work great on a 68-70 super bee, or any fuselage car.
66-7 Chargers will accept wider rims and tires.

I have repo mag 500s with 225 70 R 15s on my 67 coronet and that’s close , on the passenger side I’m closer than the drivers side . Dana 60 rear , all factory . On a hard right turn I get some slight contact

Talk to some circle track guys, One of them will point you to a welder that will move your center to the back space you need.
Repaint and balance .

A guy on the A side has some custom 15x7 mopar steelies with 5.25 backspace with 255 drag radials. In the wheels and tires for sale section . They'll fit the op's car about a 1000% better than what he has.

Auto Transport Service
Back