• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Title, vin, fender tag ?

That's a later tag.
You could get in trouble making out of thin air!! If they check for hidden VIN you'll have an 0 **** moment. I don't if or where hidden VIN is. Check under back seat for build sheet and if Shop order match fender tag you could get away with a made tag. 65 tags were spot welded on. If you rivet it on, only if asked about being riveted say welds rusted and it was loose. Doubt they'd ask.

They wont ask or know at bmv..like I said it will just be checked that number match really..would rather it look like the original or as close as possible

That's a later tag.
You could get in trouble making out of thin air!! If they check for hidden VIN you'll have an 0 **** moment. I don't if or where hidden VIN is. Check under back seat for build sheet and if Shop order match fender tag you could get away with a made tag. 65 tags were spot welded on. If you rivet it on, only if asked about being riveted say welds rusted and it was loose. Doubt they'd ask.

X2..if there is a VIN issue at the DMV, they refer you to law enforcement. If the secondary VIN's (some are not know to public) come back stolen, law enforcement will generally take possession of vehicle. If the VIN's are clear, the local state DMV will issue a replacement VIN. You can have fender tags reproduced but you cannot legally reproduce the true VIN plate, only the DMV or OEM manufacturer can issue a true VIN plate.

Auto Transport Service
Back