• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all you Truckers out there . . .

Have you joined For Trucks Only yet?

• Total voters
ovd.Chris-Cooper.png
t674imageslarge1.jpg

I have always liked the old cab over trucks. My wife's cousin drove a truck for almost 40 years. At one point he had both of the ones I posted. Neither of the two I posted were his, just the same trucks.

I had never driven a semi, always wanted to try it. Looks like a big responsibility.

Last edited:
My daily driver. 04.4 Quad Cab Dually 2X NV5600. 1st year of the Cali legal HO option. Has a Smarty program, Bosch Motorsports 50hp injectors, Garret stage 2 ball bearing water cooled turbo, modified air box, Bully Dog muffler[ got it for free], Zoom ZVT clutch, Airdog pump/filter unit. Has close to 200k miles on it.

FE8DFED3-C93A-4D09-96FF-F5EEFE4A1B50.jpeg

I used to run a heavy wrecker for years, try towing one! Nobody wants to give you enough room to make the turns and they try to sneak around you when you swing wide as you bend in two places... empty wrecker was 50k another truck was up to 80k lbs... I wasn’t light and stopping was interesting if I didn’t plumb in the trailer brakes on the disabled unit..

Trucks? You talkin like Ironbuilt(& others have)? Worked on 'em for over 30yrs. Owned a couple, but not Mopars; love them though.
I believe it is for ALL trucks. I signed up, go there on occasion, But here and the Victory site mostly. My truck is a member iof my transportation group. Necessary to do work and tow my Toy ( Satellite shown in avatar)when needed. Not Stock but modification. basic

IB where are you picking the steel up at?

th.jpeg-27.jpg

My pop used to pull out of Texaco Eagle Point refinery West Deptford NJ 1963 to 69, hurt on job: drove for local tank companies, including Matlack, retired from Roadway out of Theofare NJ in 2000. Damn things beat his body up!!

Leaf springs & crappy seats back then!
Drove a new 2015 Hino 268 (25,950 GVW with 5k miles on it) flat bed and leaf springs. The seat needed a lot more than just up and down suspension on it!! Had to be careful when empty or it would try to put ya into the windshield and that was on good roads! A guy that bought it flew in from CA to pick it up. He called to tell me he thought things were coming to an end when he went over one of the nice dips that I-10 has out in west Texas. Said he was doing 80 when he went over it LOL.

Not a fan of those hino/ Toyota medium duty trucks, they do use a spicer or Eaton axle and an Allison trans but the rest is Yota stuff. They are different .

I have 3 Dodge trucks, soon to be 4. Ordered a '22 2500 4x4 Longhorn. Was just advised the build date will be 8/12. Anybody looking for a new Ram truck, jeep or any CJD should give Aaron at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA a call. Great guy to work with and pricing is really great. Got 14% off MSRP and any incentives available. Plus had some great suggestions where to look for additional third party discount programs, ie. $500 off if you are a member of FFA plus some others. Suggested I sign up on the FCA site for updates on new vehicles. They sent me a $1000 discount code after about 3 weeks. Gave me a offer on my trade from photos which was as much as I could find anywhere. Guaranteed my trade-in value until my new truck delivers. I know this sounds like an ad for them but I am really pumped with the experience I am having with these guys, no back and forth with a sales person, everything done online. I picked up my sons new truck he ordered from them in June and took his trade, and I was in and out in 15 minutes! Anyway if you are looking for a new Ram you can check out a couple of sites that have a lot of good info 5thgenerationrams.com, and HDrams.com

It’s not an ad for them, its a shout out for a good place to work with! It’s always nice to hear it, many dealerships are crapped on or are crappy so it’s all good! I’ve dealt with many over the years and a good parts guy and a good salesman / service writer are priceless ! Too bad the service side is commission pay. Normally it makes most have to push a sale instead of truly looking out for the customer.. I’ve done it and can’t force someone to buy something they don’t want or need..

Yes: The Dodge/Peugeot/Fiat/whatever dealers around here just pizz me off when I go in there. I only buy a new vehicle when I think it's absolutely necessary these days as I detest the experience so much. A decade or so ago I had to stop myself from going to the dealer, no problem staying away now.

Auto Transport Service
Back