• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To shroud or not to shroud...

Just an fyi humidity affects humans but your engine temperature is purely temperature difference.

A shroud is a good idea.
FYI.....humidity effects air density. The more dense the air, the more heat the air contains or the air is heavier. The shroud helps move the more dense (or heavier) air thru the radiator or heat exchanger for better heat transfer .......
BOB RENTON

How have you secured a shroud on an aluminum radiator? I have a Champion 21".
Mine came with a tig welded nut in each side tank. They had a bar going across to support the fans. I put bolts in deez nutz to secure my shroud down low and wedged it under n aluminum trim piece up high.

If your rad has nothing, I’d use gm style clamshell mounts top and bottom for shroud. No matter what you will be rigging something

I don't have a shroud on my 1970 road runner, simply because when I bought it in 1977 it didn't have one. Never a heating problem, even on trips through hot summer prairies. I used the same 383 rad when I dropped in the 440 and it still ran the same temperature, namely whatever degree thermostat I installed.

Mine came with a tig welded nut in each side tank. They had a bar going across to support the fans. I put bolts in deez nutz to secure my shroud down low and wedged it under n aluminum trim piece up high.

If your rad has nothing, I’d use gm style clamshell mounts top and bottom for shroud. No matter what you will be rigging something
I'm not familiar with clamshell mounts. Can you send or post a link? Thank you

I'm not familiar with clamshell mounts. Can you send or post a link? Thank you

Don’t know if they are really gm… but these are what I was thinking

Jegs mounts.

IMG_1082.png

Auto Transport Service
Back