• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's testing

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
First Holleys I've worked with in years. Got the starting line close. Next to try and keep the front end down. Afcos have been revalved tighter and are now currently at full tight. Unlike 50% tight in this pic.
Doug
time slips 2012.jpg
biggest wheelie.jpg

looks like fun :thumbsup:

I can't hardly see/read the timeslips

did the 60ft pick up at all ?
other than carrying/picking up the wheels past 60ft :bananadance:
3+ ft in the air

I see a 9.05? @ 147 something, last one
I assume it's tires at 14 psi

looks like fun :thumbsup:

I can't hardly see/read the timeslips

did the 60ft pick up at all ?
other than carrying/picking up the wheels past 60ft :bananadance:
3+ ft in the air

I see a 9.05? @ 147 something, last one
I assume it's tires at 14 psi
Obviously, da power is going where it needs to go!!

Ran seven 1.251-1.258. Slicks are 150 pass 2 years old. Still needs more fuel at the hit. The wheelie is to high. There's more left. Once it was semi sorted passes were 9.05-9.07@147+mph. It made a couple in the morning at 148mph with a huge bog. Right now it has mismatched pump cams and squirters that I borrowed. weather correction factor was 1.044.
Doug

Just tell it like it is-- 12" off ground and straight forward is the real goal!!

Wow that new carbon fiber hood really lets the front end come up! :lol:

9.0's first time out, sounds like you're not far off the mark.

Awesome ride, great photo! What is the car weight, cubic inch, and approx horsepower?

Awesome ride, great photo! What is the car weight, cubic inch, and approx horsepower?
3300lbs w/driver, 572", 900ish HP. Never been dynoed. In real good air its been 149-150.
Doug
new carbs 1.jpg

Great run, and I'm happy you made it out.
Engine looks SO GOOD!!!!!
What heads are you running?
That 440-25 is pretty sweet.
All in all, really nice presentation and really quick too!
Mega props!

The Heads are 15 year old pair of hand ported Indy -1s. Done by the late Jeff Kobylsky at Modern Cylinder head.
Doug

Guess ur kinda liking Holleys now?!!

@dvw
One more question. I see a plug in the driver's side valve cover where I have a breather, and I just went to a larger, more free flowing breather to combat pressure build up in the crankcase that was using the dipstick tube as an "emergency exit" and the K&N seems to be working. M/E Wagner tunable PCV valve on the passenger side.
What are you doing for crankcase ventilation?

It has a vacuum pump. The crankcase is sealed.
Doug
Thanks Doug, those are nice IMO.
Do you know of anyone using or if electric vacuum pumps exist for that purpose? I'd have to get creative to hope to add a mechanical vacuum pump to my Wraptor serpentine belt system, or lose the power steering that I'm just beginning to appreciate.

There has been discussion on Yellow Bullet about electric pumps.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back