• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toddler Mauled by Pit Bull Dies

Just saying there’s a lot of confusion about what a pit bull is, I’d bet 90% of stories labeled as pit bull attacks are actually these inbred mutant dogs that look similar, but in fact are not pit bulls.
I bet you are probably right, your post of the attacks pictured, are exactly what I would describe as a "pitbull" , I wouldn't have recognized the real pitbull as a pit at all.

The OP obviously posted this to inflame people....Note that in the opening post he just put up a link and sat back to see what type of responses he would get. I saw this last night and moved right past it because I get annoyed with people that post stuff this way. It smacks of gossip or traditional bullshit media "hit and run" journalism.
Greetings Kern Dog! Okay, I am the original poster. And you're right, I should have never touched the subject of killer pets with my "hit & run" post.

When I first read the article, I drew a tear for the loss of little Triniti Harrell (the toddler's name), felt deep compassion for the bereaved and quickly shared my discovery with my fellow members here. My intent opening this thread was not to piss off a bunch of FBBO members.

I am a noob at our forum learning FBBO etiquette the hard way; through member scrutiny. Trust me KD, I am a fast learner...………. just sayin.'

I bet you are probably right, your post of the attacks pictured, are exactly what I would describe as a "pitbull" , I wouldn't have recognized the real pitbull as a pit at all.
I don’t know man, I’m a dog lover and I hate the bad rap the pitties get is all. Sucks that **** like this happens.

I would, without hesitation......the same as taking someone’s life if they broke into my house.

Tell ya what I got my family a new dog, she’s about 20 weeks old now and she’s a riot, the kids love her and so do I. Mom took some fall pics with the kids in our backyard and surprise, photobomb by Mika the puppy lol

A9148CA2-70E2-486A-97E8-83B441FC94D0.jpeg 20ECE09F-5256-4925-AF47-061D6C6BE866.jpeg

Greetings Kern Dog! Okay, I am the original poster. And you're right, I should have never touched the subject of killer pets with my "hit & run" post.

When I first read the article, I drew a tear for the loss of little Triniti Harrell (the toddler's name), felt deep compassion for the bereaved and quickly shared my discovery with my fellow members here. My intent opening this thread was not to piss off a bunch of FBBO members.

I am a noob at our forum learning FBBO etiquette the hard way; through member scrutiny. Trust me KD, I am a fast learner...………. just sayin.'

You are not the only one that has done that: The opening post with only a link to an article. Sorry if I came across as a jerk. I just hate the uninformed and ignorant people that choose to ban anything they do not like or understand. Liberals want to ban what they don't like and that **** pisses me off.
My point is that ANYone can surf around and find articles to read. What makes a forum better is when someone posts a link along with (At the least) a brief summary of how or why it affects you or makes you happy/sad/angry. To me, that is what makes a good forum better. Members speaking their minds, laughing, learning from each other.
Lately, Pit Bull conversations get heated like politics or religion.

at the very lease.....hold the "Pet" owner responsible for their "Dogs" actions. If your"pet dog" mulls some kid to death than you go to jail.....no questions asked.

I shot and killed my across-the-street neighbors dog in my driveway.
Her two pitbull mixes(i didn't know what they were at the time) were attempting to kill my next-door neighbor. He was lying in my driveway after they knocked him off his feet,while they were biting his face and throat.
When i shot the first one,the other retreated.
My neighbor that was attacked was a 75 year old cancer and heart attack survivor, and was hospitalized for his injuries. His offense? He waved hello from across the street, to the dogs owner.
Southern california was in the midst of a series of dog attacks at the time, including a fatality, so police, fire dept.,ambulance, animal control, and five news choppers showed up.
Everyone who spoke to me, including animal control, thanked me, said i may have saved my friends life.
My girlfriend watches "pit bulls and parolees" and wants one bad. (A pitbull fortunately, not a parolee). Thankfully insurance surcharges caused her landlord to prohibit that happening. She will have to settle for the black german shepherd puppy i bought her.

View attachment 673514
I kinda wonder if the "likes" are for the story or the puppy (named Mopar by my girlfriend)?

20180901_163300.jpg

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but after reading some of the "ignorant" posts, I just couldn't refrain. First, there is no such breed as a "pit bull'. That is a term that was coined for a in-bred, abused terrier that was used to fight in the "pits". I have owned MANY Staffodshire Bull Terriers, often erroneously called "pit bulls". They are some of the most loyal, loving dogs that I have ever owned or been around. An asshole can abuse ANY breed of dog and turn them mean. For those that use statistics to say "more pit bulls attack than any other breed". There is a reason for that...IN-BREEDING!!! Irresponsible breeders in-breed these terriers to get certain markings and colors that will bring more money. I feel for that beautiful child that was killed, may God watch over her for eternity, but the owner is just as responsible as the dog. I have a family member that breeds Rottweilers, and when mistreated, they are a KILLING MACHINE. Stupid people should not own ANY dog. Don't attack the breed, they are innocent animals.

IMG_0088.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG

You have a couple of good looking dogs!!

Yes he does.
Domino was my favorite. She developed a brain tumor and we had to let her go. She was sweet, loving, fast and funny as heck.
IMG_2008.JPG
IMG_2003.JPG

Officer shoots family pet dog after it attacks toddler girl, clenching its jaws down while shaking her like a ‘baby doll!’

The attack occurred on Oct. 22 at a home located on N.C. Highway 43, authorities said. Deputies received a call from the home regarding the family dog actively attacking a child.

According to the sheriff's office, the 6-year-old Pit Bull was the family's pet and was "slinging the child around in its mouth."

The mother of the child told deputies she was trying to stab the dog to stop the attack, but it didn't work.

A detective arrived first on scene and witnessed the attack happening and pulled out his gun and shot the dog twice in the head, killing it, Sheriff Clee Atkinson said.

The first shot did not affect the dog. The second shot killed the animal, the sheriff said.

Emergency officials and deputies on scene "performed emergency first aid on the child to try to stabilize her as she was clinging to life at this point," according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

The girl was taken to the hospital and then flown to Vidant Pitt for treatment.

She was then transported to UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill where she later died.

https://www.crimeonline.com/2018/10...wn-while-shaking-her-like-a-baby-doll-police/
This is terrible, hate it for the family too.
Pitbulls are a man made "bred" dog, they can go off the deep end at any time , regardless of what their owners think.
A guy I used to work with son was attacked by one that he was raised around, seems the dog wanted to lay in front of the tv where the boy was laying, watching tv. Chewed his face enough for three operations, My ex big Rottweiler killed by crunching and shacking like that, not a whole lot u can do but kill them, usually not fast enough. Luckily all my dog got ahold of was other dogs, most of them are buried in my back yard.
He didn`t run loose tho, the dogs came at him, well most of them--------
Rottweilers were originally bred from Dobermans and ….."I forget" , to hunt bears.

When startled, when food is perceived to be threatened or if protective instincts are incited, any animal can and often does resort to its' inbred instincts -
and that's where the trouble lies with these dogs. It's as much an instinctual reflex action as anything else, regardless of its' upbringing and training.
Far and away the biggest attack and kill stats of any dog breed belongs to pits.
There are other breeds that can be dangerous too, but not nearly to the extent of them.

Sadly, they've become a status symbol to the "lowest common denominator" types of our society to boot.
Oftentimes, owning pits are seen in such groups as a sign of power or danger, much like flashing a gun or a blade is.
Glorified in rap videos and mimicked in similar white trash groups as a result.

I get more upset with the owners of such animals than with the dogs themselves, honestly - the dog is just responding with their own inbred instincts,
after all. Their owners know damn well what the breed is capable of; no amount of their attempts of trying to hide the truth of why they own these dogs
removes their responsibility for exposing them to not only the public at large but to their own defenseless offspring.
I've personally seen the results of a couple of pit bull attacks; it's truly shocking stuff and you never forget it.
As a result...
I never approach anyone with such a dog, whether in public or at someones' home or place of business.
If I see one being walked in public or some such, my strong side hand does some of its' own instinctive action - namely, resting on the grip
of my concealed carry weapon.
That dog might get the first bite in, but if I'm around, it won't come out of the encounter on top.
That's me being responsible, regardless of whether the owner is.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.................I never approach anyone with such a dog, whether in public or at someones' home or place of business.
If I see one being walked in public or some such, my strong side hand does some of its' own instinctive action - namely, resting on the grip
of my concealed carry weapon.
That dog might get the first bite in, but if I'm around, it won't come out of the encounter on top.
That's me being responsible, regardless of whether the owner is.

I'm of the same mindset.

I was walking down the aisle at my local Home Depot one day and was passing a couple with a full-size rottweiler.

As we passed I looked into the eyes of their dog.-----My mistake??----That dog jumped up to my face with a wide mouth snarl.
He was on a leash and the guy pulled him back from me just in time.

We all stopped for a moment and the next thing I heard came from the woman. It was .--Honey--I told you so.---

My comment was---I could -almost-have everything you own but you can keep your dog.

The event that this thread about is very familiar to me. It occurred in the next county. This story is repeated a few times every year in this area. It always belongs to the ignorant, in-denial person with "that special dog" that would NEVER hurt anyone!!!
In this instance the mother took her daughter onto the back porch to play. During that time the sweet, lovable dog that had been in the family for 6 years viciously attacked the 1 year old. From the time 911 got the call, it took ten minutes for help to arrive. In the meantime the mother was instructed by the 911 operator to do several things to make the dog release. It ranged from striking over the head with a heavy cooking utensil to grabbing one ear and deeply slitting it's throat with the sharpest knife in her kitchen. Even stabbing it with the kitchen knife did not help.
As reported, the second shot from a detective finally dropped the mongrel. I'm not sure that I could have stopped at two rounds.
Roughly 15 years ago a former co-worker used an axe to neutralize his wonderful family pet of the same breed. That was in order to get his two year old grand daughter's head out of its mouth. That's what can happen when a two year old rolls a ball near one of these monsters.
Because he lived in a rural location, he then drove at speeds over 100 to get her to E.R. She lived and is now a facially disfigured teen.
"But we had a great dog."

Dogs of any kind should not be allowed in stores UNLESS it is a SERVICE dog. I’ve told many people at HomeDepot and Lowe’s that and I usually get “he/she don’t bite”. Screw that, leave the mut at home.

Well...I have gone through this thread a couple times, reading the posts over and over...and I feel for the family and the little girl, words cannot express the pain and sorrow! I grew up when this dog first came to everyone's attention, news footage of attacks, newspaper articles every other week....it all sounded the same.....horrible, terrible dogs! And then my only daughter who is a HUGE animal lover, got a job at a local kennel, dealing with everything from Bull Mastiff's to your garden variety pocket Chihuahua...and yes...even those dogs all grouped into the "Pit" name. I will not hesitate to say, I was concerned for her safety...and then over a course of a week, she introduced me to the 4 rescue Pits who were staying there. The lone female was put down due to some very expensive and life threatening health issues which would have made it very, very hard to adopt out. Two of the other males were adopted, and my kiddo took Sebastian, I have taken him for walks around the Loops here, and even to a dog park, always on leash and in my control. I have watched as this dog who was turned in for being both human and dog aggressive, rolled around on the ground...playing....with 5 month old puppies, and just wanting to be everyone's friend!! So I am still cautious, and not with just this breed, but all unknown dogs, but have found a pooch who wants to park his 55 pound butt in my lap, while I am trying to drive, and give me nothing but kisses!!! Can they be dangerous....there is no doubt! And they are also misunderstood as well!! But this is just my two cents...
Sebastian 1.png

Auto Transport Service
Back