• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Too much Brake vacuum?

Good information for sure, mine many years ago was rebuilt by booster Dewey it would self apply and not release after using the brakes. After booster Dewey preformed the rebuild.. It did the exact same thing i doubt he even opened it up. I took it to local guy and he said hell yeah i remember these its supposed to be yellow zinc dichromate also. He had rebuild parts in stock it's been on the car since 1996. After local guy rebuilt it.

If you don't mind me jumping in I have another odd deal with my brakes. Did a conversion to power and disk on my '63 Ply. Long story; but the shop did a shoddy job on it leaving the brake pedal more easily reached by hand than foot among other things that were for ****. Anyway have fixed a lot of that. What happens only when starting the car is the pedal stays down and brake lights stay lit. I pull the pedal up and then works fine. I even put in a return spring and likely not a strong enough one to overcome this deal. Though return springs I didn't think were on the car. Any thoughts on why this happens and only after starting the car? I have good vac and it holds as yanking off the hose after a few hours still has suction.
My 67 r/t brake lights stick on too, tried adjusting brake light switch still does it. Horrible brakes and they call them police special. Running joke was go around it or through it because it ain't stopping lol

Auto Transport Service
Back