• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tool for tailshaft bushing removal 833

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Isn't there a tool made to pull the tailshaft bushing from an 833 4spd without removing the housing? looking online and checked Brewers I'm not finding what I'm looking for.

Look up Transmission Rebuilders Network Worldwide They have the on car removal tools.
You may have to search the site or contact them for a 833/727 specific tool.

I just found this tool part # ATEC T-0161-A or T-0161A
transmissiompartsusa.com
This is for the 727 and 833

Isn't there a tool made to pull the tailshaft bushing from an 833 4spd without removing the housing? looking online and checked Brewers I'm not finding what I'm looking for.
Pretty sure you will need to pull the housing off. If someone does make such tools I am sure the cost will give you butt pucker.

Brewers has them, and the bushing and seal.

Pulling the tailstock off is a real pain in the ***. You may as well pull the whole trans out so you can comfortably work on it on a bench. Getting those rollers in on the input shaft and then getting the tailstock maneuvered back in ... not a job I'd want to be doing overhead. Maybe the cost of the tool to pull the bushing isn't too bad after all !!

It took me about 30 minutes, stress free, to use "the tool" out and in. I am almost tempted to sell "the tool" now. I dont think I will ever need it again. But maybe...

Website under construction ? I take my business elsewhere !!

Just bring it to a transmission shop and have then remove and replace it. I had the local transmission shop do mine and wouldn’t let me pay them for doing it. The only difference is that I had the tailshaft housing removed from the transmission.

I bought one from brewers, works well!
IMG_6451.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back