• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torker , thermoquad combo.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:03 AM
Reaction score
I have a older torker I was thinking of trying it with a adapter and t quad .
Just wondering if any of you guys have tried that combo and how the fuel flowed with the single plane & spread bore mix ?

Good manifold. Good carb. Question is, what is it that you're installing them ? Specifics ?

Good manifold. Good carb. Question is, what is it that you're installing them ? Specifics ?
Low comp 76 440, iron heads , mild cam 220 duration , 470s lift. Crane springs, electronic ignition , headers , performer intake. 800 t quad , 1800 oem convertor , 3.23 sure grip.
I have the torker and dont mind wasting a gasket set. Lol. Just curious on how the spread bore style carb works on a single plane intake.

Low comp 76 440, iron heads , mild cam 220 duration , 470s lift. Crane springs, electronic ignition , headers , performer intake. 800 t quad , 1800 oem convertor , 3.23 sure grip.
I have the torker and dont mind wasting a gasket set. Lol. Just curious on how the spread bore style carb works on a single plane intake.
Me, I would not remove the dual plane for the torker . I've used the torker years ago, but in your case, I would not. I'd sell it. My opinion. ( oh, I've used the great TQ on a Street dominiator single plane in the past. Awesome. But, not on a mild combination as yours. )

I ran a Holley 6213 800 cfm spreadbore on a Torker intake for years on my 440 ! Love it, great throttle response. Replaced it with a 6 pack setup

Isn’t the Torker intake square bore? How do you adapt a Thermoquad to the Torker? I’m running an 1813 on a Torker 2 right now but would like to put a Thermoquad on it. I know there is a square to spread adapter for a spread bore intake. Sorry if it’s a dumb question, might be having a brain fart.

I ran a 1" adapter, believe it was an old "mr gasket" part

Isn’t the Torker intake square bore? How do you adapt a Thermoquad to the Torker? I’m running an 1813 on a Torker 2 right now but would like to put a Thermoquad on it. I know there is a square to spread adapter for a spread bore intake. Sorry if it’s a dumb question, might be having a brain fart.

yes there are adapters to mount a spread to square bore.
most local auto parts can get them or summit ect.

I am not sure your combination will be a good one but you will only be out a gasket set. With 3:23 gears you may never get to optimal single plane range except on Iowa's freeways. Hate that speed limit every time I cross the border.

I am not sure your combination will be a good one but you will only be out a gasket set. With 3:23 gears you may never get to optimal single plane range except on Iowa's freeways. Hate that speed limit every time I cross the border.
Thanks , lol. I will give it a try. I know the dual plane helps the low end .
I just can't leave things alone, I may try a little head work on a extra set I have and add the torker and heads both.
Trying to see if I can get some good gains even with the low compression.
It runs pretty good as is , if I go backwards will change it back.

Thanks , lol. I will give it a try. I know the dual plane helps the low end .
I just can't leave things alone, I may try a little head work on a extra set I have and add the torker and heads both.
Trying to see if I can get some good gains even with the low compression.
It runs pretty good as is , if I go backwards will change it back.
The heads on that 76 should not be to bad. I would not throw then away. Kind of the best of two worlds in open and closed chamber.

Just make sure you get an adapter for the Thermoquad and not for a QJet. If you use a QJet adapter you will more than likely have a big vacuum leak in the back at the base. I posted a bunch of pictures, showing the difference over on FABO a while back. I'll try to find it and let you know.

There is a post over on FABO, dated Feb,3 2021, by BILL CROWELL, titled "Square-bore vs. spread-bore?". I posted pictures of the differences of the TQ adapter and the QJet adapter.
Just make sure you get an adapter for the Thermoquad and not for a QJet. If you use a QJet adapter you will more than likely have a big vacuum leak in the back at the base. I posted a bunch of pictures, showing the difference over on FABO a while back. I'll try to find it and let you know.

There is a post over on FABO, dated Feb,3 2021, by BILL CROWELL, titled "Square-bore vs. spread-bore?". I posted pictures of the differences of the TQ adapter and the QJet adapter.
Thank you.

Auto Transport Service
Back