• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transmission Foam

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
What would cause the fluid in a manual valve body 727 foam up? Yesterday I was checking my fluid level after having the car out (hot and runnning in park)and every time I put the stick in and pulled it out there were noticable bubbles in the fluid on the stick. The fluid (Dex III) looks fine in color. I've always been suspicious of my fluid level bacause my dip stick has been cut off and the full mark is only about 3/8" from the end of the stick. Been meaning to replace it but ......
Now I'm wondering if I've been running with low fluid level - or too much ??

If I had to guess I would say that the trans in overfull. But that is just a guess. You need to get the correct tube and dipstick for that trans to be sure. I wouldn't drive it much until I knew for sure that it has the correct amount of Dex ATF in it.

Foaming would be too much fluid, not too little.

Don't be a dipstick,get one:toothy6::laughing1:

Yea, I know.... Don't know why this stick was cut off on the end. It still shows the full mark but as I said the end of the stick is 3/8" from the full mark so you pretty much either read full or nothing...

Auto Transport Service
Back