• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tremec 5 speed conversion in a 1970 Charger

Well, me eyes aren't what they use to be, I get in a hurry & fail to proof read but also auto-correct/spell check decides to throw completely different words out all the damn time, so if you don't proof read who knows what's gonna appear...
I feel if the correct letter is at least adjacent to the one misused on the normal keyboard, the author gets a pass in my book.

Greg did his TKO swap a couple of years ago. I converted to the TKX late last year, and the prices went up, and the kit didn't include the driveshaft, which the earlier kits did. That's an additional $300.
The tunnel will require a doghouse to cover the shifter mechanism, so you either have to weld or buy panel bond to adhere it to the tunnel.
If your car was originally an auto on the tree, there's the expense converting the steering column to manual. There are manual collars that can be purchased and swapped over, but they're hard to find and pricey. I'm going to pull the existing column and convert it to manual. The cost will be in a cutting wheel, JB Weld, bondo, and paint.
It's an expensive and time consuming project, but worth it. Going from a 3,000 stall converter to a manual trans is life altering. (Maybe a little over-dramatizing)

"I'm going to pull the existing column and convert it to manual. The cost will be in a cutting wheel, JB Weld, bondo, and paint.
It's an expensive and time consuming project, but worth it."
Not to get off topic but I did just this! 72 column auto to floor auto. Cost was JB weld tape and paint. PM me if you need pics.

I did something similar to my 67 Dart when I converted it to floor shift automatic.

Auto Transport Service
Back