• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TrickFlow PowerPort 270 availability update

Brewzer67

Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with these. I have been in contact with TrickFlow fairly steady over the last few weeks trying to resolve a vendor issue I am having related to my purchase of the 240's. Per my contact, the 270's will likely not be available until maybe September'ish. They got the last batch of test castings back and sliced them up and there were still some changes they needed to make to make sure they are perfect. As a result, new molds have to be ordered and a new batch run for inspection. This will take a at least a month. Once those are back, they will check final quality again and go to production if they don't find any issues.

On a different note, I want to give a HUGE thumbs up to them on their customer service. Without going into too many details, I ran into some timing issues with delivery of my 240 heads and other parts from an outside vendor. Unable to resolve my dilemma related to the timing, I contacted TrickFlow and they stepped in and made everything right without flinching. They took care of everything and I didn't have to do a thing. As a result I am now sitting with a pair of heads in my hands and can actually get my car on the road for summer (The way things were going it didn't look like that was going to happen). It is great to see this kind of service still exists. I can't believe how much more customer focused they are than most. As long as they stay the same they have me as a customer (and as a word of mouth advertising agent) for them forever.

Good review. That specific kind of customer service is very valuable to me and speaks volumes about their business.

It's been a while since I was able to provide an update. The new 270 castings tested out well and they are ready to go to production. They have a few sets on test motors to see how well they perform. I'll let everyone know as soon as I have some performance numbers.

It's been a while since I was able to provide an update. The new 270 castings tested out well and they are ready to go to production. They have a few sets on test motors to see how well they perform. I'll let everyone know as soon as I have some performance numbers.
Any update on when these will be available for purchase? Building a 440 and would love to have these top it off!

Any update on when these will be available for purchase? Building a 440 and would love to have these top it off!
Unless you're building a big inch stroker, I would think you could use the 240cc version already out.

Unless you're building a big inch stroker, I would think you could use the 240cc version already out.
Correct me if I am wrong (good chance I am) Looking for 600ish power, the 270's wouldn't hurt on a .030 over 440 would they? From what I've read I see the 240's are capable of that kind of power easy but I figured the 270 would be my better option if available sometime soon.

Thanks for your input

I can ask Trick Flow, but I'll ask here...
Will these 270 heads work with an Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6 bbl intake? or are the ports not compatable?

I can ask Trick Flow, but I'll ask here...
Will these 270 heads work with an Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6 bbl intake? or are the ports not compatable?
It is thought that the 270 will have Max Wedge size ports, but no one has them in their hands to say for sure. If they are Max Wedge, then the 6-bbl manifold will be very close to not sealing on the top of the port. And really, the 6-bbl isn't designed to flow what the Trick Flow head can go. It would take a massive port job on the manifold to take advantage of the 270 head. We've managed to get 590+ HP from the 240 heads and a ported 6-bbl with a pretty small solid roller. How much are you looking for that would require the 270 head?

Correct me if I am wrong (good chance I am) Looking for 600ish power, the 270's wouldn't hurt on a .030 over 440 would they? From what I've read I see the 240's are capable of that kind of power easy but I figured the 270 would be my better option if available sometime soon.

Thanks for your input
My thought is they are going to be Max Wedge size ports. Can't say they would be better, but it is doubtful they would hurt. I've run a 440 with ported max wedge size Indy EZ heads with a XE285HL hydraulic flat tappet (using solid lifters) and it made, if I remember correctly, 595 HP.

It is thought that the 270 will have Max Wedge size ports, but no one has them in their hands to say for sure. If they are Max Wedge, then the 6-bbl manifold will be very close to not sealing on the top of the port. And really, the 6-bbl isn't designed to flow what the Trick Flow head can go. It would take a massive port job on the manifold to take advantage of the 270 head. We've managed to get 590+ HP from the 240 heads and a ported 6-bbl with a pretty small solid roller. How much are you looking for that would require the 270 head?
IQ52!! I couldn't have asked for a better forum member to reply to that! You, my friend, are one of three builders I have spoken with about my future stroker build, and one of many reasons why you are in the "elite 3" is your proven record of building 6 bbl strokers!! (and helpful on the phone :) )
I am looking for a 91-93 octane (with the option of blending/running race fuel on track days) 5xx cu in RB stroker with 6xx HP and 6xx TQ. Crusin the Coast driving, car show nights, and 1320 sprints occasionally. I am pretty sure that the 240s will suffice, but was wondering if 270s may be a better bet.
Thanks for checking in !

That being the case, and if I wanted to run the 270 heads, I would weld up the top of the runners on the 6-bbl manifold and port them out to the size I needed. That would be a fun experiment.

The 537 six pack I built made nearly 700hp with 240 heads.
Search titles with Trick Flow and my username.

Yes, the 240 heads have already proven they can go over 700 HP as AndyF has done that with his 470. We are putting a set of the 240's on a 540 wedge. It'll run with an as yet unknown carburetor set up and then be turbo charged. Of course these 240's will have some different valves and some port work done to them also.

Thanks for the insight gents, between the input from this forum, and other research I've done I feel pretty confident going ahead with the 240's. Although I don't think I'll be able to keep my hands off a pair of the 270's when they're available, I do have a 383 block sitting on a stand in the garage

As info to anyone interested, Trick Flow emailed me yesterday and said the 270's will be available for purchase "No later than February" They also sent me a spec sheet if anyone would like to check it out message me your email address and i will email it to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back