• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trip a long time coming_5 Aussies in the USA

So much, so little time. Detroit/Dearborn: Henry Ford Museum. Vegas: Neon Museum.

Well in Las Vegas theres also
The National Atomic Testing Museum
The Mob Museum
Shelby American, Inc
Counts Customs
Bullets and Burgers Machine Gun Shooting Adventure

Wishing you all a safe and exciting trip, that is a lot of ground to cover and should make for some great memories!

So much, so little time. Detroit/Dearborn: Henry Ford Museum. Vegas: Neon Museum.
True that Dennis, Henry Ford is definitely on the agenda and probably welderup tour in Vegas too. Thanks for the tip on the Neon Museum, Ill check that out.

Well in Las Vegas theres also
The National Atomic Testing Museum
The Mob Museum
Shelby American, Inc
Counts Customs
Bullets and Burgers Machine Gun Shooting Adventure

Thanks I'll add these tot the discussion list, I think the Counts Custom Tour is same as Welderup but I think I just stuffed the name up :))

Wishing you all a safe and exciting trip, that is a lot of ground to cover and should make for some great memories!
Thanks Greg, Sure will unlikely we will be on a trip like this again, so we will make the most of it!

When you're here for Hot August Nights there has been a Mopars on the grass at the A&W in Reno. This location has closed down and the new location is now the A&W in Sparks. The event is held the Friday of Hot August nights. See you guys around Reno next week.

For sure Dave, I think we are staying at grand Sierra for Reno, we landed in New York last night, so the trip begins. Look forward to catching up at HAN. Looks like a great week

sounds like the trip of a life time, ill look for the tee shirts on woodward. good luck in your journey's!

So 1st week completed Louiville, The 50th Hot rod nationals in Louiville was mind blowing, I heard a few numbers getting around but safely 13000 cars, If you have never been I would really recommend it, whether you take your car or not.
Sad to report not too many Mopars less than 1% I would say. But easily the most Hot rods/Street rods I have ever seen in one place.
So this afternoon we are heading out to Reno for HAN, we are pumped to see what the west coast has to show after seeing so many quality builds from Kentucky and all of the surrounding states.
We will have our Blue tops on when we can, so if you are going and happen to see us, please make sure you say G'day.

Thanks Wild R/T, Would love the check out your R/T the more the merrier!!

Well... Looks like your gonna get a chance... Momma & I have decided to drive up Friday morning, we'll make the Mopar gathering & we'll head home Saturday morning... Hope to see you there!

BTW keep an eye out for my friend Mike & his wife Andrea in his AAR with the plate Cuda Dad... His wife's 340 Cuda has the plate Cuda Mom.... Good people, say Hi if you see them..

Well done glad to see you will be there, Wild R/T. What’s your plate so I can come by and say hi.

Shouldn't be to hard to spot!

IMG_0006.JPG
photo.jpg

You must be thinking about the Blarney Stone Pub which is on Woodward just north of 11 Mile Road. Been there a few times. Both Thursday and Friday will be very busy on Woodward from 8 Mile Rd to Pontiac. For me, Thursday is the day we go up to Woodward. Can meet your group at the Blarney that evening if your schedule allows it. I usually take Friday to clean up the car and check everything before going up to Flint for Back to the Bricks on Saturday. I do beleive that Roadkill Nights is scheduled for Aug 9 & 10, the week before the Dream Cruise. You guys need to check those dates for that event to make sure.

For any of you folks out there also from the Detroit area, lets try to get together with our friends from Down Under:thumbsup:
Either comment to this thread or PM me.
Hey Hank,
Just landed and checked in to hotel.we are just getting our head around the new environs, going to walk down to Main Street off 11th to find somewhere to have a bite. What is your plan this evening.

Hey Hank,
Just landed and checked in to hotel.we are just getting our head around the new environs, going to walk down to Main Street off 11th to find somewhere to have a bite. What is your plan this evening.
Got stuck in the neighbors garage helping him install his tranny in his 73 Cougar. We were hoping to get it done but it finally got finished about 11 pm. :( We just got back from Woodward tonight. Was up there about 4 pm and stopped at the Red Tavern to eat. Getting ready to head up to Flint tomorrow morning for Back To The Bricks. I usually leave about 5 am. Sorry I missed you guys.

Got stuck in the neighbors garage helping him install his tranny in his 73 Cougar. We were hoping to get it done but it finally got finished about 11 pm. :( We just got back from Woodward tonight. Was up there about 4 pm and stopped at the Red Tavern to eat. Getting ready to head up to Flint tomorrow morning for Back To The Bricks. I usually leave about 5 am. Sorry I missed you guys.
Hey no worries Hank,
We took the bus from Detroit centre of time to 13th tonight and then hopped off and walked almost to 14th. It took 3 hours. I am going to have a lot of trouble explaining this cruise I the guys back home is crazy in an awesome way.
I heard there expecting 1.5m people tomorrow.

Hey mate,
Sorry we didn’t catch up in Reno. So many places and I was not able to spot your car or the cudas. But we all had a great time and I did see a good number of mopars which was great.
Would have loved to meet up with y'all but long as your having a good time all is good!!!

Hey no worries Hank,
We took the bus from Detroit centre of time to 13th tonight and then hopped off and walked almost to 14th. It took 3 hours. I am going to have a lot of trouble explaining this cruise I the guys back home is crazy in an awesome way.
I heard there expecting 1.5m people tomorrow.

As long as you guys are having a great time, that's all the matters. Just got back from Back To The Bricks. As usual, it was it was a great day. Weather was fantastic and to many great looking cars. A lot of cars come here from Canada for this event. Happy travels and be safe.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back