• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tropical Storm Ida projected to hit as a Cat 3, maybe 4...

Funny how feeding a generator for a few weeks makes you happy to pay your electric bill afterwards.
The generator I have now burns through 4.7 gallons in 8 hours. Had to do that during the freeze this year. Rather have no electricity during the summer than winter.....

I have a Gorilla Cart. Carries 1200 lbs. That's a lot more than I can carry.
I have a cart too but gotta get the jugs off the truck to the cart. Sucks getting old....

Pics from around Houma area.
Devastation.

20210904_130607.jpg 20210904_130606.jpg 20210904_130553_1.jpg 20210904_130553.jpg 20210904_130242.jpg

We got to New Orleans about midnight Thursday. There was no power from the SW side for the rest of our trip down in Chauvin, another 50ish miles of secondary roads.
No stop lights, no street lights, we were out after curfew, so no other cars, except for emergency vehicles.
I was carrying a pallet of shingles and other roofing supplies, and a 55 gallon blue plastic drum of water, the deputies I made contact checked me out and waved us through.

If you've ever thought about what it would be like in a zombie apocalypse, this was it. It was surreal.

As we drove down the road, we tried to dodge downed phone and power poles, rows of snapped wood and twisted steel, driving over several hundred power cables laying in the road.

The eyewall made maybe one mile of poles drive down one way, as you progressed, the power poles were pushed the other way.

There were RVs and at one point a 26 ft Rider truck blown across the road, only stopping when a house or some other structure stopped it.

There were houses and RVs and mobile homes blown into the river. Hell, everything was blown into the rivers.

The cleanup there will be long. Send prayers for, and positive vibes to those people, many of them just lost it all.

sorry I couldn't get more pictures, we worked our asses off, there was/is lots to do.

PS I just counted the nails in my tires, 11 so far I could see and no leaks yet!! 10 plys for the win!!

Man, I haven't thought about that in a long time. Post Katrina, I had a "tire kit" I carried with me. Push in plugs and Green Slime for tire repairs.
Glad to see you're ok!
Did you get much damage?
Yea I have plug kit,slime,jump box,compressor, and cordless impact/due grinder, and a tow strap.
Used the grinder to cut service drops and temped in power meters.
When the power poles blew over, it ripped out the service entrance poles going down to the meters.

Those who come to help are heroes in my book!!!!!!!!!!

c_cat=108&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=PqWiYSdFd94AX-S_SGm&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.jpg

After Katrina, the first person outside the household I saw was from the Red Cross. She's probably still trying to recover from the hug I launched on her.

Now a new Tropical storm 'poss.' hurricane Larry
(coming off N.Africa, where 99% of these start/form)
forming that going to 'poss.' affect most the eastern seaboard
I saw today
they said it will/or could be bad, as in wet,
if it doesn't turn north
nothing I remember about wind...

Auto Transport Service
Back