• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truck manual trans to 73 RR

Pierce Gwynne

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
I found a 318 dodge truck maybe mid 70’s with a 4 speed in a junkyard, me wanting a cheap way to get a 4 speed am wanting to throw it behind my 318. Is it even a good idea. I’m assuming its granny geared. Opinions/thoughts welcome.

7786FE4D-1AB7-4E90-A1C2-3DC1E704CE4F.jpeg

It might be the a833 4speed and would would have the B/E tail housing. Get some pics and post them up so we can help identify it.

what does it look like ? does it have a outside the case shifter and linkage ?

DSC08299.JPG

It might be the a833 4speed and would would have the B/E tail housing. Get some pics and post them up so we can help identify it.
I forgot to mention, it’s column shift. Does that mean it can only be 3 speed or did they make 4 speed column shifts?

There were such things as four-on-the-tree, just not ever in a mopar. My high school english teacher drove one: a 60s mercedes diesel.

Curiousyellow71, what’s with the red X of shame?

My brothers 70 challenger with a 360 had its fastest e.t. with a 3 speed and 3.23... he lost a half second when he went to a 4 speed. The car liked the low first gear. But for overall driving fun..4 speeds rule....he would never go back....just a little disappointed at the track. 14.6. with a 3 speed....15.2 with a 4 speed

Auto Transport Service
Back