• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Lock with Ignition Key?

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Many years ago, someone gave me a trunk lock from an unknown Chrysler product. It uses an ignition type key (pentagon shaped) rather then the typical round shaped trunk key.

When the trunk lock broke on my son's 73 Road Runner, we keyed that to his ignition key and installed it. It works great and I like the idea of only having to use one key for trunk, doors and ignition.

I would like to get another of these locks and see if I can use it for my 1970 Road Runner. Does anyone have any idea what year, make and model uses these types of trunk locks?

Many thanks for any leads...

Hawk

IMG_1427.jpg

But when road tripping you would have to shut the car off to get another beer out of the trunk instead of just leaving the trunk key in the lock

Mid 60's style lock (63-65) It's getting hard to find good ones! even harder to find the keys!

But when road tripping you would have to shut the car off to get another beer out of the trunk instead of just leaving the trunk key in the lock

You keep beer in the trunk??? Why work that hard? Just leave the cooler in the back seat!!!! :VB toast:

- - - Updated - - -

Mid 60's style lock (63-65) It's getting hard to find good ones! even harder to find the keys!

Thanks for the tip. I looked around at some images, and these seem to use the round key too. Do the 63-65 rounded trunk keys have the same grooves as later ignition keys, or am I missing something here?

Thanks

You keep beer in the trunk??? Why work that hard? Just leave the cooler in the back seat!!!! :VB toast:

pssss the cops man it's hard to hide a cooler in the back seat. You can get rid of one beer quick but not a whole coleman 60 can cooler :)

a-cooler-of-crappy-americ.jpg

2 keys, 1 to open the door and 1 to start the car, its a theft deterrent. I think that started in 71.

My 66, 69 and 70 all have the round keys for the trunk.

pssss the cops man it's hard to hide a cooler in the back seat. You can get rid of one beer quick but not a whole coleman 60 can cooler :)

a-cooler-of-crappy-americ.jpg

Ya but if it was REAL beer, you just offer one to the cop!!! LOL.

9210898.jpg

Nothing like a lock with no tumbers! :D Any key will fit lol Also, no neutral safety switch to get in the way either. Just mat the gas and turn the blank key!! :D

how did his question get bastardized into a bunch of guys admitting you drink and drive?

....tragic

Just don't get behind these guys in line at breakfast buffet. Bacon will be GONE. (AirTel Van Nuys Spring Fling). That's why they need that volume of suds the rest of the day to wash it down.

the old days kb .. lighten up

I was pretty much joking....

the "tragic" reference was meant like the kid in "Taledaga Nights" when he says "somebody didn't love you enough as a child"..."Tragic"

Auto Transport Service
Back