• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk won't open on 69 Charger

bob32268

Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
Insert the key, lock (cylinder) turns as normal but won't "pop" the trunk open...any tips on what to do other than take out rear seat and go in thru the trunk with ratchet and lots of extensions?
Tks,
Bob32268

Yeah… don’t start ripping out interior. Do the smacking and wiggling first as mentioned above. I’d drill the lock out before I ever removed seats for trunk access.

We always pulled the seats. Easy 2 minute job. Then we used a broom handle with a slotted screw driver attached and slid that into the latch and gave it a turn. 10 minute job total. Took me longer to type this than to do the job. [lol]

problem is, he says the key is turning; which mean the latch is turning....... unless that little flat piece somehow fell out?....... 5 feet of ratchet extensions may be in order

problem is, he says the key is turning; which mean the latch is turning....... unless that little flat piece somehow fell out?....... 5 feet of ratchet extensions may be in order
Not really. The key can turn but if the link has fallen out that means the latch is not turning.

Did you give the truck a smack down while turning the key....
yep...the first thing I tried.....
We always pulled the seats. Easy 2 minute job. Then we used a broom handle with a slotted screw driver attached and slid that into the latch and gave it a turn. 10 minute job total. Took me longer to type this than to do the job. [lol]
Thanks, I'll try this next.
Bob32268
I tried this and it worked fine, a real piece of cake ! Thnks so much for the tip !
Bob32268

yep...the first thing I tried.....

Thanks, I'll try this next.
Bob32268

I tried this and it worked fine, a real piece of cake ! Thnks so much for the tip !
Bob32268
KISS theory always works.

Wish I knew this 3 years ago, or should I say my son.

IMG_1943.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back