• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to help a GM friend out, and need some input.

66 Goat with 3 pedals!!! my best friend had one in high school, probably the only car I would stray from mopar for. That's a nice car, I'd pay 20 grand just based on the pictures.

Yeah, a 66 4-speed goat was definitely a car I had a crush on in high school.

20 to 25 all day long. 400 with probably 365 hp. That's a complete car as far as I'm concerned. I'd buy it!! Take it home, wash it, detail it and 25 thousand.

Nice car for sure to play with, but I would say, here in the south, 15K....and I would start with an offer much lower than that. 20k at the max, if I just had to have it......

Nice car for sure to play with, but I would say, here in the south, 15K....and I would start with an offer much lower than that. 20k at the max, if I just had to have it......
A fool would sell that car for 15k, my opinion.

Had a ’67 vert, my brother had a 65, 67, and 69…my mother had a ’65 vert (she didn’t keep it long cuz couldn’t stop spinning the tires, lol). Certainly one of the cars that holds its value and parts are pretty easily available. $20k sounds very reasonable if the body is solid, this would be a fun restoration if one has the knowhow and gumption, (or cash to pay someone) and as posted, all would need attention, refurbishing, a load of things replaced, depending on the quality of resto one wants to do. Anyway, the question – MO a fair price for this goat.

I'd say he'll definitely be under water after all's said and done. I certainly am on my Coronet... but I don't plan on ever selling her, so it doesn't matter.

IMO, expanding the OP’s question, if all’s accurate this is a nice find. It’s all there I’m guessing seeing the photos; but my talent with body work has its limits and don’t enjoy it much. Restored two cars and a semi-resto on my truck (yeah a lightweight considering fellow member’s backgrounds). But they were a hefty do’s, stripping the cars down to a shell. First one was a serious rust bucket that ended up with only the hood being the last remaining original part of the body…including the entire cowling cut out and inserted a rust-free one. Glad I was young then and had my dad’s talent/wisdom/help doing it. Came out nice; but swore off restoring rust buckets again. 2nd car is the one I still have a CA car. What a huge difference restoring it. Gee, bolts and screws that came out without breaking or cutting/drilling them out. Brake lines were so nice I just put those back in.

However, both these rides are/were not coveted muscle cars and with my ’63 Plymouth vert, I have around $35k in it despite all the work I did myself; at least $10k more than I’d ever get for it. (Some things I’d do different if getting a do-over.) It’s not a GTX or a GTO. As posted here and elsewhere, we make our choices and build them the way we want for ourselves (flippers aside). Yeah, depends on how **** one wants to be…and I’m one of them.

Anyway, as I think about the GTO here, I could see dropping maybe another $20k restoring it cherry and would still be worth the purchase price and investment costs when it’s done, if this is something a guy would be concerned about, has the cash to do, and wants to do a good amount DIY.

It looks like its almost a good driver. Clean it up, tune it up and drive the wheels off of it!! Then maybe restore it later on. 20K all day long, sounds fair to me. I bet the 80 yr old owner would be thrilled to know somebody is finally driving it.

Auto Transport Service
Back