• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Driver Side Header height at Transmission Cross member

Expensive tubing!! What was the Cortina all about?
Ex super gasser, with a lenco. Bought less motor,trans, center, and axles. I put a 406 that a smart chimpanzee could build in it, with a glide and a brake, and originally 5.14s in the spooled nine. Changed to 4.57, got faster.
The headers I had to "adjust" were made for standard exhaust location. When I put raised exhaust aluminum heads on it (after I checked fit, and had them coated, of course) they wouldnt fit, and even hammering on them didn't get it done. So I made some angled adapter plates for the Stahl flanges, and that fixed them.
Headers that fit beautifully on a 383/400 will NOT fit so beautifully on a raised port (read rpm/victor/others) 440!

20210531_120226.jpg

Last edited:
This was Doug's on my 1962 Dodge. Very well made header. No clearance issues. No way the outlets were lined up with the cross member. Probably weren't supposed to be.

20170403_175319.jpg

20170403_175648.jpg

20170405_121801.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back