• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI or dougs headers?

Stegs

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
is there any benefit on 1 vs the other

looking to add them to my parts list for my 69 charger 440. TTI i know makes great products, but i have not heard anything bad about dougs either

Dougs are a little easier on the budget....and people like them, but i know TTI is a great way to go from what i read

Just looking for some quality headers, these 2 companies always seem to be at the top on a search.

Wondering what you guys think, is one better? are they both good quality?

will be using them with E Street 75CC heads

i know that the tti's and rpm heads work good together in my 65 coronet. plugs are very easy to change.

A buddy has Dougs on his Charger and likes them. Cost was a factor, but fit really good as well. I used Hookers on my Cuda and had to massage them to fit. The Dougs slipped right in.

I bought TTI for my new hemi....ceramic coated...it said NOT to install on a motor to be broke in as the coating can be damaged by heat...so if you have a new motor and no headers...is one to buy 2 sets so as not to damage the coating...I ran it anyways as the headers on a hemi are almost invisible...BUT..it's somthing to think about before purchase....on another engine...340...my Son's looked and ran great with the doug's headers

TTI 440-200 cermaic coated Eddy RPM heads headers fit great , but you must modifie kickdown bell crank, 20150916_181726.jpg00I0I_jmXuS6liH7Y_600x450.jpg00I0I_jmXuS6liH7Y_600x450.jpg

I liked (and bought) TTIs. I liked the 3/8 flanges, and overall quality. Yes they are a little pricey but I have been regretful in the past buying a cheaper header.IMG_20160128_180003.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I did score these new unused for $750 off ebay. They are the ceramic coated with thermal coating inside.

on 440 motors alot of people say REMFLEX gaskets are the best as 440's have leak issues with some...mine did with hooker super comps....

If you want 100% bolt on go with TTI from header to tip. You will save on install as the fit is perfect. I tried Doug's and it did not clear the trans cross member area. As well I went with flowmaster exhaust kit and the pipe labelling is non existant.

Maybe it was just me, But, their is absolutely no guess work with the TTI set up.

TTI's have taken out all the aggravation of cheaper header's!

I really like my TTI headers. I have their full exh system also and it fit great and works real good. TTI is worth the money to me. But that said I have never used Doug's so I cant really speak about them. But I do know many people like the Doug's headers also. Ron

I gotta go with TTI as well. I bought my ceramic set used for $500 and they fit like a glove. The flange is beefy, tubing feels rugged and the plugs are easier to change than with manifolds.

I'm going with ceramic coated Doug's only because of cost. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

T T I. Buy from a FBBO Vendor, not direct. Ceramic coated keeps under-hood temperatures 100 degrees lower than others I have checked.

Headmans are 1/2 the price, have 3/8 flanges and are 16 gauge. I have both TTIs and Headmans. I had to dent # 5 on the TTIs for spark plug socket.

I have had both. Dougs do fit very nice at 1/2 the price. Flanges are thick too. I would not be scared to run them at all.

Equal lenght primary pipes should be at the top of the list for a performance set of headers.

I'm not happy with TTI. The fit was good but the ceramic was bleeding rust on top of the header
pipe within 2 weeks. My engine does not run hot nor is it new. I have had lots of different cars
with new headers, but have never seen a new pair start to rust so quick.
Not begrudging some ones company. Just telling my experience with this $1000 header.

I have had three different engines with TTI headers. All three sets rusted the first year. The coating is guaranteed for life but you must pay all the shipping to them and back. So if you live near them they will be a good buy,otherwise for get the crappy rusting sob's
I'm not happy with TTI. The fit was good but the ceramic was bleeding rust on top of the header
pipe within 2 weeks. My engine does not run hot nor is it new. I have had lots of different cars
with new headers, but have never seen a new pair start to rust so quick.
Not begrudging some ones company. Just telling my experience with this $1000 header.

Auto Transport Service
Back