• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tuff wheel adapter?

popslavaz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
I have a tuff wheel adapter that will not cooperate with conventional installation methods. I am a retired union Iron worker that was and still VERY good with a beater (sledge hammer).
It's about to meet its maker. (LMAO) Were all the steering shafts the same,E body,B body?
I picked up another b body shaft that my old wheel slips on perfectly but no bananas on the tuff wheel adapter. Also the tuff wheel adapter in question has no master slot or key way like the shaft has. Has anyone purchased a after market adapter that could confirm it has a slot for a master. Thanks for any help!! POPS

have you tried the old heat wrench on it?
that has helped me in the past a lot with difficult stuff not wanting to cooperate
i can't answer your question as i don't know about the shafts
but i can tell you i have read more then one complaint online of people
having issues fitting the repop adapter on the shaft.
i know that doesn't help much but at least you know it will be a pita going in.

Trucks used no master slot. Cars do have a master slot. And a truck one will not go on a car spline. Been that route learned that lesson.

Thank You for the help,I will put the hammer away now. Get out my wallet for the correct one. POPS

You can look for a used one or Dales Cuda shop repops those.

Just got the correct one today.Found it on e bay.
Thanks all for responses
POPS

Auto Transport Service
Back