• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two questions....

Red63440

Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Since 63's didn't come with overflow tanks what type/style are you using? Second question is, what size transcooler are you using for an auto and what brand is best?

I just have the square plastic jug on my 66. Nothing special and I think I just found it in my buddies collection of stuff.

Again, the trans cooler I have is something that I had lying around. Most likely a new one I got at a swap meet for cheap. As long as you are looking for a cooler get one that has as much surface area as possible in contact with the fluid. Heat transfer is a function of surface area; the more the better.

Attachments

• DSC01387.JPG
    DSC01387.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00692.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC00693.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC00691.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 206
Same as above,Any auto parts store should carry it.(photo)
I have never done it but have heard that you can use a factory washer bottle from say 70 dart with a manual floor foot pump mounted to the inner fender.

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 194
I maybe dead wrong,,I thought that you were going to a aluminum radiator? lots of nice aftermarket aloy ones to choose.

I maybe dead wrong,,I thought that you were going to a aluminum radiator? lots of nice aftermarket aloy ones to choose.

Yes I am...thats why I asked the question. There are a lot of aluminum and stainless ones out there and I was hoping to get some info on them.

Or you could be cheap like me. When I first put my 63 together I cleaned out a 1 qt trans fluid bottle and painted it black. Therew it on as an overflow and figured I would by a nice one later. Well I just kinda forgot about it and it is still under my hood and has always worked fine. But there is many different ones you can buy if you want a nice fancy one. Ron

100_1489.jpg

Last edited:
If you screw a cap on it with a hole cut in it just so the hose will seal, it will be legal to run that at any NHRA track. Ask me how I know. lol Some of the smaller tracks would probably let you slide depending on whether the tech is in a good mood.

Or you could be cheap line me. When I first put my 63 together I cleaned out a 1 qt trans fluid bottle and painted it black. Therew it on as an overflow and figured I would by a nice one later. Well I just kinda forgot about it and it is still under my hood and has always worked fine. But there is many different ones you can buy if you want a nice fancy one. Ron

100_1489.jpg

Great hard line talent, Meepomous. I prefer hard lines myself. Nice work.

I just have the square plastic jug on my 66. Nothing special and I think I just found it in my buddies collection of stuff.

Again, the trans cooler I have is something that I had lying around. Most likely a new one I got at a swap meet for cheap. As long as you are looking for a cooler get one that has as much surface area as possible in contact with the fluid. Heat transfer is a function of surface area; the more the better.

Took a look today on ebay at the over flow containers...my problem is that I have horns on one side and my battery on the other so there is no room next to the rad on the rad side. I would have to mount it in front of the rad support toward the side.

Darter ,my eyes arent has good as they use to be ,but it looks like you have a kinked gas line and no clamp.if im wrong sorry

Na , Just the way it shows up in the picture, The hose without clamps is to keep the hard line from rubbing against the intake and insulate.

If you screw a cap on it with a hole cut in it just so the hose will seal, it will be legal to run that at any NHRA track. Ask me how I know. lol Some of the smaller tracks would probably let you slide depending on whether the tech is in a good mood.

Funny as I have raced at 4 different tracks and no one has said anything about it. But to be honest most of the tracks did not even have me open the hood. And like I said I keep forgetting about it but I think I will do what you said to be safe. Thanks , Ron

I use an empty Costco water bottle with the overflow tube shoved in it and jammed between the battery and the fender well to get through tech. Otherwise, it's called the "ground. Resist topping off and it won't be an issue. By the way, copper radiators work just fine.

Forgot, I was told recently the NHRA atands for "no hot rods allowed.

Funny as I have raced at 4 different tracks and no one has said anything about it. But to be honest most of the tracks did not even have me open the hood. And like I said I keep forgetting about it but I think I will do what you said to be safe. Thanks , Ron

They never messed with me much either. I had a anti freez jug in my Charger. Probably cause I never went to a big event. I just flew under the radar at smaller Friday night races. lol

I noticed that too. Nice tubing work!!

Dang man, just when I think I'm safe you comment on a thread and I gotta see your avatar again. *drool*. lol

Have you gotta high quality video/audio of it running? I'd like to hear a good shot of it. It's nasty.

I don't know how I missed that, but that's a beautiful 318 you got there.

Same as above,Any auto parts store should carry it.(photo)
I have never done it but have heard that you can use a factory washer bottle from say 70 dart with a manual floor foot pump mounted to the inner fender.

Auto Transport Service
Back