• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two tone interior for 68 RR?

koosh

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at another B body (68 RR B5 blue)…it appears to have two-tone blue on interior? I don’t recall seeing a two tone blue interior—-did they come that way from factory?

I’m looking at another B body (68 RR B5 blue)…it appears to have two-tone blue on interior? I don’t recall seeing a two tone blue interior—-did they come that way from factory?
Check it out. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - 1968 Plymouth Color & Trim Book - Belvedere

1706730898970.png

...and in person, IMHO....that two-tone blue interior is one of the very best looking color combos Mopar ever offered.

I used to have a 68 Satellite with that interior......one of the cars I should've never sold....

Lol! I was only guessing B5… here’s some pics of the color outside, and the 2 blues inside
IMG_4397.jpeg
IMG_4398.jpeg

My '68 was the ice-blue metallic on the outside, whatever code that would've been.

The bench seat covers were light blue vinyl with a darker blue cloth inserts.

Not to pick nits...but the color in 68 would be QQ1, not B5. Unless it was re-painted :)
Yes, because "B5" was technically a Dodge color, is that right? That part of the game has always confused me a bit but I thought Plymouth named their colors differently back then (even if they looked the same)...

My '68 was the ice-blue metallic on the outside, whatever code that would've been.

The bench seat covers were light blue vinyl with a darker blue cloth inserts.
One of my all-time favorite Mopar tones.

NO, because they didn't start coding paint like that until 1969.

QQ1 means Q (blue) on top, Q on bottom, all 1 color.

EB5 means 1969 (E) blue (B) shade 5

related
I didn't/won't post the whole Mid Size-5 brochure, some cool pages
mid-year later HT RM23 version
68 Roadrunner Advert. #1 HT RM23.jpg

Post Coupe RM21
68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #1.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #2 std. features & options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #8 midsize 5 accessary groups.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #10 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #11 Belvedere GTX Satellite options accessaries.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #12 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

68 Roadrunner Coupe Advert. #13 Belvedere GTX Satellite options.jpg

later the Hard Top version
68 Roadrunner Advert. #11 Standard Features.jpg
68 Roadrunner Advert. #12 Special Options.jpg

They did offer two tone but those seats look more like 66 Dodge pattern. Maybe someone more familiar with 68 Runners can give their opinion.

I've owned 8) 68 RRs, 3 Post Coupe & 5 HTs
& a fully optioned 68 Sport Satellite 383 4bbl 4 speed, white buckets/no console
I've seen a lot of the 'lower optioned' 68 RRs, usually the lesser RM21 Post Coupes
bench seat interiors with the black & silver,
w/black outers & silver inserts,
seen a few dark green outer & light green inserts too
I haven't seen the Blues, that'd be cool

All of those, that didn't come with the decore package

this below is the 'Optional decore package' front bench seat
that was in my RM23 HT 68 RR
back seat, the exact same pattern too, black door cards, similar pattern too
or whatever same color the interior was, black, blue, green, white, blue, red (?) etc.
with an optional 'Decore package' on a 68 RR
68 RR BLK Decor Bench Seat #1.JPG

(all 68 RRs came with a bench seat, you'd needed to step up to a GTX
or a Sport Satellite or hi optioned Satellite to get a bucket seat or console interior
)

Last edited:
Interesting. I've never seen those "Barracuda" mag style wheel covers on a B body.

One of my favorite hub caps ever. Especially if the area between the "spokes" is painted black.

After more research…. I think fender tag EE1 is a darker blue that’s supposed to be on there…. Here is fender tag if anyone can decode it….
1706796334487.png

Unless you and/or the seller consider buckets an upgrade.

Auto Transport Service
Back