• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ugliest old mopar!?

7ate9

Local time
11:07 AM
Reaction score
Well, I normally only think of stuff like this when I get real bored, and I've been sick on the couch for two days now, so... I was just thinking of how some early 60s mopar stuff was pretty dang ugly.. But at the same time you just have to love them and they're ugliness for what it is. It's like giving birth to an ugly baby, you're still gonna love it, but that doesn't make it any less ugly.. Maybe I'll get hated by some of you for this cause you have an ugly car that you love, or an ugly baby for that matter... but oh well. I'll probably never meet you in person anyways so I don't have to worry about getting beat up physically over it.. Anyways, what do you guys think is the ugliest old mopar? and which is your favorite? Here's a few I came up with off the top of my head real quick..

the Valient
valent.jpg

the Polara
polara.jpg

the Newport
newport.jpg

the Lancer
lancer.jpg

The Imperial
imperial.jpg

and the 300
300.jpg

The ugliest in my opinion is probably the Polara and my favorite out of these is between the Newport and the 300.
I always thought it would be cool to build a mean sleeper out of an ugly old mopar. Build up a crazy hemi (or 440 cause I'd be more likely to afford that...) and leave it looking stockish on the outside with a granny color and hubcaps..

I agree the lancer and Valiant those years were the ugliest Mopars ever.The rest of them I like..

yeah, maybe ugly isn't the right word for some of those cars, awkwardly styled maybe? haha I dunno.. I do like those cars, they just strike me as funny looking. That being said, I'd be happy to own and drive any one of them.

That's probably why we like them,because they're different.
As the saying goes,A face only a mother could love......even if it does have a head like drain clog.

My son has an idea one day we'll take a Lancer and build it into a bad *** sleeper to blow off Corvettes. Most of his ideas I agree with, but really?

Lancer for sure, I always thought those were the most terrible looking things Ma Mopar ever cranked out!!!! hideous is more the word! But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and im sure there are Lancer fans that are seriously pissed at what I just said about their beloved car!

The valient and Newport are ugly but I would kill to have any of the others.

what do you guys think is the ugliest old mopar?

I'm Ok with most all the 60's Mopars.... Well.... the Lancer is a bit of a challange.... My favorite era.

NOW......!!!! Here's UGLY....1940 Dodge Sedan........​

Attachments

• 1940 Dodge Sedan- (Small).jpg
    1940 Dodge Sedan- (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 675
There are no ugly Mopars!
Now if you want ugly, can you say AMC?

my vote goes to the 61 imperial

It's almost like the factory forgot to put headlights on those things, then grabbed some leftover 30's headlights and threw them on as it was going out the door.

Just go's to show.....

my vote goes to the 61 imperial​
I love the 60's Imperials and the 61 is my all time favorite, last year for the big fins and first year for the pod headlights...followed by the 64. I guess thats why they made all different kinds....​

I gotta agree that the early 60's Dodges and Plymouth's had a face only a mother could love, but have you ever seen them when they are "rodded" out?

I saw a 62 Valiant wagon at a show once, stock they are the ugliest thing around, but this thing was painted gloss black, lowered some with blacked out windows and it did have some body work done, but it looked awsome.

The '62 Dart was so ugly, it was pretty! How I'd love to have one now--Red w/ the gray/black interior, 413 max wedge, T85 floor mounted 3-Speed. Soooo Bad.

ugly?

I really like that year 300 , polara(grandpa had a similar 62 dart) and valiant-(owned one) Im a little disapointed that you called these ugly in your first post...how about the real ugly cars- the 78 dodge omni

Attachments

• omni.jpg
    omni.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 590
Think the Omni's ugly?...how 'bout these Turds.
'74 Chrysler Galant.....or, Well.....K-Cars. I Win...hahahaa

Attachments

• ugly74chryslergalant.jpg
    ugly74chryslergalant.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 563
  • kkar.jpg
    kkar.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 567
Auto Transport Service
Back