• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uh oh. Camaro sales are in trouble.

The challenger can actually carry adult passengers, VS the others, and right off the lot I got 30 mpg going 70-80 on a 2,000 trip.and it has a really sharp appearance!

Why is a couple extra 100 lbs a big deal these days? Who’s out racing their cars? Yeah a little extra gas but slowing it a little - so what.
Weight always affects performance. That is why the Camaro, despite its criticisms about poor visibility and comfort still zips along so fast - A v6 Camaro will give you mid 13 seconds while a v6 Challenger is a second slower. You don't have to race your car on the track to feel the difference on the street. I'm sure that if Dodge could pull some weight out without costing a lot of redesign, they would have, but they're hampered with an oversized chassis as a starting point.

I believe the benefits of the larger size outweighs the benefits of the quarter mile time for the V6. The Camaro's faster 1/4 mile time is not helping sales, as more challengers have been sold this year than both mustang and Camaro combined.
Then there is the charger at 92,000 units,, the best selling large car in America in 2021

I expected the Camaro to weigh at least 3500.....

I thought the camaro was cramped, and I could not carry much in it. The Challenger SXT also rode nicer, and was quieter. This is just my Humble opinion,,I have owned it 5 1/2 years, and it is just a darn purty car! Orange with white Interior,,,,just like my buddies new 69 Roadrunner we got in trouble with back then.,

I spent a week driving the new (2017) Camaros for GM at Barrett Jackson. We had 2 V6 cars and 1 SS and if you are a teen they probably worked but for any adult they sucked. The #1 comment was about the lack of space seconded by the lack of visibility and lastly about the lack of storage (trunk). I haven't driven a new or newer Mustang since probably 2011 or so but I think the Mustang is far better across the board than the Camaro and IMO the Challenger is FAR better than both of the other 2.

I have a Plum Crazy 2010 RT 6 spd and I love it. I bought it new and have done many 1200+ mile trips in it. It is comfortable, fast and a joy to drive. I have thought many times about selling off some of my classic cars and replacing them with a Hellcat or perhaps a Scat Pack or 2 but just cannot do it. The only other car that I have that is more fun to drive is my 01 Viper, yes the E bodies are cool and all but not in the same league as the Challenger and Viper.

The Camaro that debuted in what...2009 or so has always been a mediocre design. They look okay from the doors forward but they really look stubby from the rear. The quarter panels are way too short. This is one place where the Challenger really shines. The Challenger retained it's beautiful proportions while the Camaro looks like it was rear ended and compressed. Later revisions to the Camaro styling have followed the newest Chevrolet mantra....to look as futuristic as possible. The "Transformer" styling cues have ruined the GM trucks as well. They are some of the worst looking trucks ever made. The Camaro looks like a car had sex with a space shuttle.

The Camaro that debuted in what...2009 or so has always been a mediocre design. They look okay from the doors forward but they really look stubby from the rear. The quarter panels are way too short. This is one place where the Challenger really shines. The Challenger retained it's beautiful proportions while the Camaro looks like it was rear ended and compressed. Later revisions to the Camaro styling have followed the newest Chevrolet mantra....to look as futuristic as possible. The "Transformer" styling cues have ruined the GM trucks as well. They are some of the worst looking trucks ever made. The Camaro looks like a car had sex with a space shuttle.
Spent several hours at Autonation today with a buddy that was looking to buy a new truck and man, Chevy trucks sure are ugly these days!! He bought a Colorado and compared to the bigger pickups, it looks better but still not my cup of tea. They ride like crap too but they do seem to handle well based on how he drives and me just riding.

I saw a new Colorado and I agree...compared to the full size trucks, they are decent looking.

My biggest Camaro dislike is the way the angle of the quarter panels makes the door to quarter paint not match. Every one I see even white ones are this way. Bugs the crap out of me when I see one.

My biggest Camaro dislike is the way the angle of the quarter panels makes the door to quarter paint not match. Every one I see even white ones are this way. Bugs the crap out of me when I see one.
The Chevy trucks are the same way! At least the Colorados did that....

That E Mustang is the Ugliest damn think I have ever seen.
Seriously?
images (26).jpeg

I like that! Those amc's are nowhere to be found,,, They are so ugly they are now cute!
Tastes do change, in the late 50's finned cars were hot, but by 1968 they were considered the ugliest and most garish cars ever built. The junk yards were full of them. Now look what a nice 57 Dodge, plymouth or Chrysler hardtop brings!

I like that! Those amc's are nowhere to be found,,, They are so ugly they are now cute!
Tastes do change, in the late 50's finned cars were hot, but by 1968 they were considered the ugliest and most garish cars ever built. The junk yards were full of them. Now look what a nice 57 Dodge, plymouth or Chrysler hardtop brings!
When I see one for$50 I will be sure to let you know.
:lol:

I bought a 2010 challenger rallye Deepwater blue v6
Wonderful car, needed more guts for me though
Traded that in on a 2012 rt classic,deep blue pearl, 6sp, 391 axle , tracpac and a whole bunch more. 60k miles now. Always get compliments about it
I've been approached about selling it several times
Nope nada, ain't gonna happen I love this car

Oh man, so many different things went into the Pacers. Passenger door longer than the driver's door? Yup. The car was designed for the Wankel rotary engine and is the reason for the slooped low hood. The headlight pods were not supposed to be there but the DOT decided to not change the rules for headlight height so that's the reason for the pods. The list goes on. The non station wagon model had very little wind noise and no blind spots either. Yeah, I got married to a girl that had one and had to research that bastid car LOL

Have always liked the finned cars!!

Oh man, so many different things went into the Pacers. Passenger door longer than the driver's door? Yup. The car was designed for the Wankel rotary engine and is the reason for the slooped low hood. The headlight pods were not supposed to be there but the DOT decided to not change the rules for headlight height so that's the reason for the pods. The list goes on. The non station wagon model had very little wind noise and no blind spots either. Yeah, I got married to a girl that had one and had to research that bastid car LOL

Have always liked the finned cars!!
My best friend in high school and myself were stuck in one of those for about 2months. His 55 cheby was in one body shop getting its 1st paint job and my Duster was in another body shop after a chick T boned me.

My best friend in high school and myself were stuck in one of those for about 2months. His 55 cheby was in one body shop getting its 1st paint job and my Duster was in another body shop after a chick T boned me.
Hey, I was stuck with one for over a year after I got married to my first wife LOL. The one major thing that impressed me was how good it cruised at 80mph with very little wind noise and well, it was actually stable too. Other than that, I HATED the dang thing!

Auto Transport Service
Back