• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uh oh. Camaro sales are in trouble.

whatever you do, don't rob a bank with one! Lol

I can hear it now: 1 adam-12: "In pursuit of a suspect with really poor taste in cars!"

Way back in the late 70s, there was a Pacer in for service at a dealership. The car was there because of a stalling problem. The car was stolen from the dealership and later that night it stalled on the freeway and stopped in the lane next to the dividing wall on the blind side of an overpass. Another car came over the hill and slammed into the Pacer, which immediately caught fire. Four guys were in the car and three ran. The last guy, now that you mentioned the shorter door ,Cranky, was as I remember on the left side, didn’t get out. One of the “passengers “ later sued AMC.

Way back in the late 70s, there was a Pacer in for service at a dealership. The car was there because of a stalling problem. The car was stolen from the dealership and later that night it stalled on the freeway and stopped in the lane next to the dividing wall on the blind side of an overpass. Another car came over the hill and slammed into the Pacer, which immediately caught fire. Four guys were in the car and three ran. The last guy, now that you mentioned the shorter door ,Cranky, was as I remember on the left side, didn’t get out. One of the “passengers “ later sued AMC.
:rofl: Oh geez, I can't help it!!!! But the driver's door wasn't but a couple of inches shorter iirc lol. The passenger door was longer to ease entry and exit from the back seat like when you parallel parked.....and I ain't kidding lol. It really was that way because I measured the freaking doors and much to my amazement, they were different! :lol:

:rofl: Oh geez, I can't help it!!!! But the driver's door wasn't but a couple of inches shorter iirc lol. The passenger door was longer to ease entry and exit from the back seat like when you parallel parked.....and I ain't kidding lol. It really was that way because I measured the freaking doors and much to my amazement, they were different! :lol:
If you take it to a body shop at least you will know which side goes where! HAHAHA

Btw....after doing a little research (it's been YEARS since doing that crap on it), the passenger door was 4" longer than the driver's door. Yup, that info is still out there lol And what does that have to do with Camaro sales.....I'm thinking not very much but imo, they are pretty close to being in the same boat :D

You can see the difference. Look at the distance from the door to the rear wheel opening.....

Pacer 1.jpg
Pacer 2.jpg

In the 80's(1983) my sister had a 1972 Hornet straight six auto, and every once in a while I would have to rescue her because the car was stalled. I would get there, and the distributer cap was off. After four or five times, I started putting extras in the trunk. it was the strangest thing, then once it did it in my driveway, and i heard it pop off.

Apparently, some fuel vapor was finding it's way to the vacuum port on the carb for the vacuum advance. so upon acceleration the vapor would be sucked into the distributer past the advance, and explode from the points spark, blowing the cap off!

Only on a Rambler,,,,,

In the 80's(1983) my sister had a 1972 Hornet straight six auto, and every once in a while I would have to rescue her because the car was stalled. I would get there, and the distributer cap was off. After four or five times, I started putting extras in the trunk. it was the strangest thing, then once it did it in my driveway, and i heard it pop off.

Apparently, some fuel vapor was finding it's way to the vacuum port on the carb for the vacuum advance. so upon acceleration the vapor would be sucked into the distributer past the advance, and explode from the points spark, blowing the cap off!

Only on a Rambler,,,,,
That's a new one on me.....

So, how did this late model Camaro thread turn into a Pacer thread!?? LOL

I've driven a bunch of 6-speed Challengers. I always had to put my right elbow out nearly horizontal to make sure I was shifting into 6th and not 4th. I didn't like it that much.

I don't want a track car that I can drive on the street. Burnouts have always been my source of fun. I know a girl that wants a convertible. She's pretty and enjoys being seen. The Camaro sills are too high. She doesn't want just her head poking out from above the doors. People have all kinds of reasons for the cars they like.

I was reading an article from a 2019 Car and Driver mag. They weighed the tire wheel combo off a Challenger before and after a tire melting burnout. One tire lost 5 pounds, the other 7.

Last edited:
In my opinion the last good looking camaro was the 69, all the rest I never cared for.

Seems Mopars have always been heavier than the Fords and Chevys and it seems they are keeping that tradition going.....
For our, ehem, age today, the Challenger is the only option worth driving. Both the Mustang and Camaro require contortions to get in and out of my body is unwilling to do anymore! Challenger has an almost 9” wheelbase advantage on the other 2. Better ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back