• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultrasonic cleaner

ws27

Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Anyone else have an ultrasonic cleaner?

I've had a little cheapo one from harbor freight that works OK for little things. I use Simple Green in it, but you have to run the thing through quite a few cycles and it takes forever to heat up.

So I found a big one on Craigs List, 10 gallon. It will fit four barrels which is what I have always wanted to do. Now I've got myself with a big indecision issue. LOL I can't decide what solution to use. Ten gallons is a lot more to experiment with. The directions with the machine were written by an engineer and only explain what each function does and there are no suggested settings for different levels of cleaning.

Anyone else with one or experience with one that can give me suggestions on cleaners/concentrations.

I'm also happy to share what works for me when I do figure it out.

Thanks

You can purchase ultrasonic cleaning solution from dental/medical supply outfits such as Patterson Dental, Benco Dental, ACE surgical, etc. I work in the dental field. : )

I used to work for a Industrial Ultrasonic Cleaner Mfg. We used to use Dawn Dish washing liquid in our tests. ha ha
If you search for cleaner fluids there are many kinds for different applications.

I have one and use a carburetor cleaning solution. Avoid caustics like CLR or you'll find your aluminum parts went on an unplanned diet.

Thanks guys

What kind of carb cleaning solution? The stuff I had years ago was caustic I think.

whatever cleanser you decide to use with the cleaner..if water based...do degas your water....flammable solvents are not recommended due to the characteristic of the fluid when in use...read careful what cavitation does ...keepa you hands out of the solution when operating..you can use solvents suspended in a tub within the cleaner solution for small jobs under a watchful eye..beauty of the ultrasonic is it's transfer of the high freq..

So far, I have used orange citrus cleaner and Simple Green. Simple Green works the best. Trying to figure out how not to destroy aluminum surfaces. So far I have made smooth surfaces rough. Bug learning curve.

So far, I have used orange citrus cleaner and Simple Green. Simple Green works the best. Trying to figure out how not to destroy aluminum surfaces. So far I have made smooth surfaces rough. Bug learning curve.

Aluminum and simple green do not seem to be a good mix especially where it may seep behind aluminum laminated to itself or other materials. The Airforce has banned its use on aluminum due to corrosion and metal loss on aluminum. This is simple green putting best foot forward:

http://simplegreen.com/pdfs/aircraft.pdf

Auto Transport Service
Back