• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under Dash Jute

JR_Charger

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
under_dash_jute.JPG

Looking to replace this mouse-contaminated piece that fell down.

Is this heat insulation or only sound insulation?

I have these pieces from the non-speaker rear package shelf jute, that I cut out when i decided to install speakers -

package_shelf_jute.JPG

I doubt that area of the dash sees much heat, so if the factory jute is only sound insulation I could cut these to fit better and glue them up with Gorilla Glue. It won't be "factory correct" (like the rest of my car) but it's a zero dollar solution vs however much it costs to get the correct jute and 3M spray adhesive.

Maybe cold and heat as the water and air from inside the cowl is on the other side of that metal.

Detroit Muscle Technologies offers complete kits, for most Mopars, and at Reasonable price. Check out the rest of the pieces in place...

Maybe cold and heat as the water and air from inside the cowl is on the other side of that metal.

I guess the fresh air vents pull air through that area from the openings under the windshield, but there must be some way to keep the water out or it would pour from the HVAC box and the driver's side vent pod every time it rains.

Temperature is probably not an issue unless the dash is drawing heat from the engine bay. The factory under dash jute is different from the insulation on the firewall, and in the kick panel area, so I think it probably isn't a temperature insulator. It isn't the same stuff as in the package shelf though, but it's closer to that jute.

Detroit Muscle Technologies offers complete kits, for most Mopars, and at Reasonable price. Check out the rest of the pieces in place...

That little piece of jute is the only piece I need. Everything else was either good or has been replaced.

I guess the fresh air vents pull air through that area from the openings under the windshield, but there must be some way to keep the water out or it would pour from the HVAC box and the driver's side vent pod every time it rains.

Temperature is probably not an issue unless the dash is drawing heat from the engine bay. The factory under dash jute is different from the insulation on the firewall, and in the kick panel area, so I think it probably isn't a temperature insulator. It isn't the same stuff as in the package shelf though, but it's closer to that jute.

That little piece of jute is the only piece I need. Everything else was either good or has been replaced.
Check with fabric store. or a upholstery shop.

The two pieces from the rear package shelf speaker holes should be enough, if that material is suitable.

Auto Transport Service
Back