• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown holes in engine bay - '70 Roadrunner

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
Trying to figure out a couple of holes that are in my engine bay. '70 Roadrunner - 440+6, 4 speed. See two attached pics.

1) In the first pic, the hole in question (orange circle) is between the two well know wire harness straps. This spot is hidden in all engine bay pics by the battery.
2) A 1/4" hole which is very similar to the hole just to the right on the right inner fender. The hole on the right is for the engine harness coming to the washer pump and horn. The hole in question is always hidden by the horn. I suspect another wiring strap goes in this hole as well but want to confirm. Also in this pic is a hole and slot in the lower left corner. I have no idea what this is for. I think it looks like a nut clip goes here. Need help on this one.

Thank you for the help!!!!

70 RR hole 1_edited.jpg

RR holes 2_edited.jpg

#1 There is a special 1 clip strap that holds your forward light harness in place so it doesn't rub on the battery.

I bought a similar kit but only had (5) of the straps. Attached is the picture I am going by and isn't mine.

(3) hold the washer tube, (1) is for the engine harness going to the bottle and horn on the right side and (1) on the left side for the positive battery cable at the shock tower. Are we saying another strap goes in picture #2 next to the known strap?

Is it the same strap that goes on the left side beside the battery. In that case, you need (7).

Also, anybody know what the hole and slot are for in the lower corners in picture 2? It is on both sides.

Thanks!

after_fr.jpg

I bought a similar kit but only had (5) of the straps. Attached is the picture I am going by and isn't mine.

(3) hold the washer tube, (1) is for the engine harness going to the bottle and horn on the right side and (1) on the left side for the positive battery cable at the shock tower. Are we saying another strap goes in picture #2 next to the known strap?

Is it the same strap that goes on the left side beside the battery. In that case, you need (7).

Also, anybody know what the hole and slot are for in the lower corners in picture 2? It is on both sides.

Thanks!

View attachment 1550818
I think the harness clip you are asking about is made into the harness when the harness is made and taped. You might be able to source it or modify one that will work. Look at front lighting harnesses to see if you can spot it.

Did you look at your harness to see if it or part of it is still taped into the harness? You could call Evans wiring and see if they will sell you one?

Ah yes. Thank you for jogging my memory. The harness does have that pop in fastener and is built in to the harness. Ok. that is solved.

Passenger side as said, plus that lower screw hole , isn't it for the bottom hold of the washer tank?
Driver's side as said, the screw hole, doesn't a clip get screwed there for the distribution block brake wire?

Auto Transport Service
Back