• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What hole in the firewall is this?

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:08 PM
Reaction score
Guys looking through my docs but I can’t find what this hole in the firewall is for. From my engine bay picture there is a bolt in there and also another just like 7 inches away laterally.

IMG_0024.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a lot easier to identify if we knew what year car...if it's a 70 4-speed, could be for clutch pedal/ neutral safety switch. Hard to tell in pic

Be a lot easier to identify if we knew what year car...if it's a 70 4-speed, could be for clutch pedal/ neutral safety switch. Hard to tell in pic
Its my 1970 Satellite which is automatic. There is a stud that comes through from the interior and a nut from the engine bay and like i said previously there are two holes.

I have a 1970 Road Runner with a 4 speed. As stated above, that is where the neutral safety switch wire comes out.

IMG_4670.JPG

Interesting color combo - orange exterior with green engine bay...hell, I like it!

Interesting color combo - orange exterior with green engine bay...hell, I like it!
Lol I originally was going sublime but changed my mind after I painted the engine bay and got the motor in. Your right two tone engine bay looks good! Maybe I’ll start a new practice here at FBBO……

Still wondering about this hole. My old pictures show bolts coming out into the fire wall.

Is your heaterbox and insulation in the car?

Is your heaterbox and insulation in the car?
No and no. I am going to run without heat and AC for a while until I have the time and money to get to it. Was wondering if it was a mount for any of the hvac but its on the driver side…

On my ‘69, that hole is for the left side heater box stud mount……

On my ‘69, that hole is for the left side heater box stud mount……
Thanks makes sense since I am not mounting the box and have some extra holes.

In some cases, the firewalls were punched with holes to accommodate some things that didn't come on every car. One example is the clutch linkage pushrod. In automatic equipped cars, they just plugged the hole with a plastic plug. The same could be true for the hole you're asking of, Ron.

Auto Transport Service
Back